autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Need a pad cleaner alternative.. any opinions?

Hello, I have not been on the forum for about 2 years although I never stopped detailing. My car is in need of a correction, has been over a year since any polishing. I had plans to do some corrections and polishing today then top it off with some CQuartz UK Edition, which will be the first time using the UK Edition kit w/ Reload UK that I picked up from Cory last year on a bargain he had that I couldn't pass.

So I clayed with BF Polyclay and went take out the GG DA and Hydro Tech and flat pads with M105 & M205. I realized I never cleaned the pads last time I used them I just put them in the box I store them in and forgot about them. I always used Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner, the spray is the easiest to use just spray rub in and rinse and they are ready to go. But I do not have any right now and its a shame the car is sitting there ready and don't have any clean pads to get started.

So my question is, what can I use that may be available in household to clean these pads? Any suggestions how you may have cleaned your pads without a dedicated pad cleaner.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dishwashing detergent diluted and misted on the surface of the pad. Soft nail brush and then hot water. Do this process a couple of times and the pad will be clean but not dry

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need a pad cleaner alternative.. any opinions?

Thanks, I was considering using dish soap but all I have is some scented soap instead of the regular Dawn. Any suggestions on what kind of APC I can pick up and what dilution or some other product that you use
    Ryan Gville,LA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcg1 View Post
    Thanks, I was considering using dish soap but all I have is some scented soap instead of the regular Dawn. Any suggestions on what kind of APC I can pick up and what dilution or some other product that you use
    Go to the Dollar Store or Rite Aid and get LA's Totally Awesome. Wear gloves. It's good for cleaning pads - but you have to rinse well. It cost $1 for 16oz. Dish soap is almost impossible to completely remove from pads in my experience.