autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wax gone after 2-4 weeks...why?

Put a sealant on it, blackfire wolfgang or 4 star and you will be happy you did. I tell customers that I do not recommend a wax in spring or summer, I live in florida. The pollen and dust seems to be a magnet for wax. Just my opinion

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick and helpful replies everyone, looks like I'll be purchasing a sealant in the near future

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Collinite Collinite Clollinite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan View Post
    Put a sealant on it, blackfire wolfgang or 4 star and you will be happy you did. I tell customers that I do not recommend a wax in spring or summer, I live in florida. The pollen and dust seems to be a magnet for wax. Just my opinion

Ultimate wax is a sealant.

I have never had issues with it but your environment is a little more extreme. Even then you should see around 3-4 months out of it. Just to let you know UW sheets better than it beads. Ultimate wash and wax does leave some wax behind it so you could also be seeing that. Never been a fan of ultimate wash and wax. Try a soap that leaves nothing behind and hit up your existing UW with some ultimate quik detailer or ultimate quik wax to give it back some life.

I personally have seen 5 months out of UW using it by itself.

If after trying this and it doesn't work then you can move over to something else.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Ultimate wax is a sealant.

I have never had issues with it but your environment is a little more extreme. Even then you should see around 3-4 months out of it. Just to let you know UW sheets better than it beads. Ultimate wash and wax does leave some wax behind it so you could also be seeing that. Never been a fan of ultimate wash and wax. Try a soap that leaves nothing behind and hit up your existing UW with some ultimate quik detailer or ultimate quik wax to give it back some life.

I personally have seen 5 months out of UW using it by itself.

If after trying this and it doesn't work then you can move over to something else.
    That could possibly be part of the problem as well, I did switch wash brands right about the same time I went to the Maguire's Ultimate Wax...

Prior to the Maguire's wash I was using a RainX brand wash, the one with the small beads in it; I believe it is also considered a wash & wax.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have found both Meguiars Ultimate Paste and Ultimate Liquid wax to easily last as long as Collinite 845. They don't last quite as long as 915, or 476, but not much to choose from for me between 845 and UPW/ULW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by '14 5.0 View Post
    My detailing method is simple, I clay bar any part of the car that feels "rough" using a plastic bag as a feeler (after washing and drying of course). Then I wax half of the vehicle, remove the wax, then finish the rest. I always wax in my garage in the shade, always use microfiber wax pads and rags, always apply by hand, always use the same amount of wax.

Is this wax really this crappy or does it have something to do with my technique? Do the newer cars have something in the paint that keeps them from holding wax longer?

Any opinions are welcome
    This is really hunt-and-peck but here is my input for your consideration:

1. Has this problem been going on since you acquired this particular vehicle? Or is it more like the universe has experienced some minute change ..... enough that you now experience these symptoms?

2. You say you use MF Wax pads and rags. What "rags" are these? How many pads and rags do you go through in the clay step? Also, what clay lube do you use?

3. When you apply the wax does the pad and/or rags get dirty? Do you prime the MF pad at all with water and/or product?

4. So essentially you have 2 basic processes depending on the condition of the panel or area on a panel:
    a) wash/dry, clay, wax
    b) wash/dry, wax

Post-claybar step..... if you performed the baggie test on every panel, whether you clayed or not, do you have smoothe surfaces with no grab/friction?

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my car new back in April 4/14.

First thing I did was wash it well using CG's Maxi-Suds with a little APC.
    Clayed it very well.
    Polished using the Meguiar's 205 and the Wolfgang Uber Compound on the areas that was worst caused by the dealership.

I applied one coat of Wolfgang Glossy Paint Sealant, this stuff rocks.
    After cure time I applied one coat of Collinite 845, after cure time I hit it with some Duragloss 951 for added shine and slickness.

So it's been three months and it's like the day I applied it, laying did the trick.

As for as the NXT I get decent results, 2 months depending on how often I wash it.

It pays to get the best that you know of and stick with it, if it's not holding up for you may I recommend trying the Collinite 845, easy on and off and will last 4-5 months plus you'll love the shine.

Bottom line:

The Wolfgang Paint Sealant is the best AG offers, IMO that is
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    This is really hunt-and-peck but here is my input for your consideration:

1. Has this problem been going on since you acquired this particular vehicle? Or is it more like the universe has experienced some minute change ..... enough that you now experience these symptoms?

2. You say you use MF Wax pads and rags. What "rags" are these? How many pads and rags do you go through in the clay step? Also, what clay lube do you use?

3. When you apply the wax does the pad and/or rags get dirty? Do you prime the MF pad at all with water and/or product?

4. So essentially you have 2 basic processes depending on the condition of the panel or area on a panel:

a) wash/dry, clay, wax

b) wash/dry, wax

Post-claybar step..... if you performed the baggie test on every panel, whether you clayed or not, do you have smoothe surfaces with no grab/friction?

1.) I switched vehicles and waxes at the same time unfortunately... up until today I assumed the wax was at fault but after reading others' reviews it seems this is not a typical problem with this product.

2.) By rags I mean microfiber towels... admittedly they are not the high quality towels that are sold by autogeek, they are your typical Walmart/Autoparts Store microfiber car towels. In the clay step I'll typically go through 2-3 towels and I use the Maguire's Quick Detail spray that came with my clay bar kit.

3.) The wax pad and rags never seem to get dirty, nor does the clay bar really. The only reason I go through more than one towel during the clay step is because my dry finishing wipe towel tends to get a little saturated with quick detailer and I'll switch to a fresh/dry towel.

I have not tried priming the applicator prior to using it, they are always new and bone dry.

4.) After the clay bar step, which typically takes multiple passes with this car (ie spray, clay, wipe, test with baggie, spray again, clay again, test again...etc.), with other vehicles I could typically get a smooth surface after one use of the clay bar per area. Once the area is free from the rough, gritty feel (using the baggie) it still is pretty grabby, it definitely isn't smooth like it is after waxing.

Is it typical to wet an applicator prior to putting wax on it? I've read this for my leather cleaners/conditioners but not with wax... however I am still a bit of a newbie at this.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12