autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Share useful and weird tips

Quote Originally Posted by beamerstrumpet View Post
    This is why latex or nitrile gloves are handy.

True.

But one less thing you have to use and more importantly to BUY.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

When I wash and detail my mazda 3 I also clean the engine compartment and the well wells. I foam Rolloff in the engine compartment and wheel wells just before I start on the exterior of the car, by the time I'm done with the wash the Rolloff was like having 10000 little remote robots getting toall of those impossible spots and areas to clean and it looks like you spent hours detailing the engine and compartment. I also found that the wheel wells and even the wheels come out looking new. Sorry for the loooong thread but that's my 2 cents....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mountian man View Post
    When I wash and detail my mazda 3 I also clean the engine compartment and the well wells. I foam Rolloff in the engine compartment and wheel wells just before I start on the exterior of the car, by the time I'm done with the wash the Rolloff was like having 10000 little remote robots getting toall of those impossible spots and areas to clean and it looks like you spent hours detailing the engine and compartment. I also found that the wheel wells and even the wheels come out looking new. Sorry for the loooong thread but that's my 2 cents....
    Is that amazing roll off? How do you "foam" it?

Post Thanks / Like

Wrap the head of your Wheel Woolie 12" or 18" angled wheel brush with a MF towel - sticks like velco and keeps the Wheel Woolie clean and saves your knuckles at the same time. I use this for drying and applying BFCS to the barrels and rims.

Post Thanks / Like

I find that it is easier to lay out all my tools for detailing on a cheap Harbour Freight movers blanket so nothing actually touches the ground. Everything is organized so that you can move from tool to tool. Blankets are always on sale for 6.00 and sometimes free with a coupon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eandras View Post
    I find that it is easier to lay out all my tools for detailing on a cheap Harbour Freight movers blanket so nothing actually touches the ground. Everything is organized so that you can move from tool to tool. Blankets are always on sale for 6.00 and sometimes free with a coupon.
    Thanks for posting that!! I recently rented a U-Haul van and opted for their moving blankets (when I reserved online) which they had sitting on the sidewalk and were all mildewed. Next time I'll just buy a few of my own. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LRC3 View Post
    True.

But one less thing you have to use and more importantly to BUY.
    But you will spend 13 to 20 bucks on wax or compound and a bunch of Micro fibers??? They are not that expensive. You can use orange kitchen gloves and you can get many uses out of 1 pair.

Post Thanks / Like

Mix apc and water based dressing to make an all in one interior cleaner. I use it on everything interior wise, including door jambs and gaskets. Just dry buff the residue after your done. It saves us a solid hour

Tool bags or duffle bags for mobile detailing organization. Makes it easy to toss your stuff in the car on the go as opposed to heavier organization
    Ive got a bag for:
    Polishers and exterior stuff
    Interior tools and brushes
    Extension cords, air hose, and misc stuff

Dry your pads on a rotary buffer inside a bucket so the water doesnt fly everywhere

Get a labeler and some heavy packaging tape to "laminate" your labels

As a pro, downsize your inventory to improve efficiency.

Use light 0000 steel wool and polish on windows and chrome

Spray wax on door jambs

Chemical resistant Garden pump sprayers for heavily used chems like apc

Use two hands. A bottle in each hand when youre spraying apc on tires and wheelwells, and a towel in each hand when your wiping the wax or polish residue off the car.

Rotary plus 3" backing plate plus wool pad plus compound = badass headlight restoration "drill"

3 towels when cleaning glass. One is wet with glass cleaner, one to buff and the other to final buff and touch up

Roll the windows parially down before cleaning glass and clean the top edge first

Do the whole interior first including inside glass before moving on outside, so you dont have to climb in a hot car doing interior glass after doing hours of polishing

Always dry brush before vacuuming

Neutralize your carpet and upholstery cleaners with an appropriate fiber rinse

Air compressor is NECESSARY for mf pads and interior detaiing

Even though leather is mostly coated, Leather conditioner makes cars with leather smell luxurious and adds a sweet sheen.

For mobile detailers that have not experienced the savior-esque shade of a pop up canopy with a sun wall, invest in one immediately. Its like working in a shop with a breeze

Carry extra buckets, spray heads and trash bags. Put loose belongins in the bags. Use a spare bucket for trash. Much easier than a limp trash bag

Carry screwdrivers and various hand tools in case

Post Thanks / Like

Use something on the floor around the tire when spraying dresng to prevent overspray on the customers driveway. I use old nasty towels

Post Thanks / Like

Buy and hang up a sweet 10 foot banner with your logo on your ez up when mobile. Much cheaper and kind of as effective as investing in vehicle graphics

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast