autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Katzkin

Post Thanks / Like

Katzkin

Has anyone ever redone their seats with this companies leather. It's a slip on instead of having the seat completely redone

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Katzkin

Where I work we had it put in for a customer because leather was all that was important to them, so we put them in a base model with Katzkin. It looks and feels great, but since it isn't my car, I can't tell you anything about durability.

Here are some pics:

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Katzkin is one of, if not *THE* premier name in aftermarket automobile leather. I've not seen their "slip on's", but have seen their complete OEM replacement covers. Many a respected hotrod builders use them too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Katzkin is one of, if not *THE* premier name in aftermarket automobile leather. I've not seen their "slip on's", but have seen their complete OEM replacement covers. Many a respected hotrod builders use them too.

I would agree. Many cars at SEMA had Katzkin leather seats. In most cases, they seem a step up in quality and feel compared to factory leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    It does look great. I'm concerned about the shop installing them. I'm afraid of it not being tight around the seat. If it's a little loose it'll look like crap. Those pics look really nice

Post Thanks / Like

I put a full set of 100% leather Katzkin seats in my car September 2012.
    They look terrific and the same as the day I put them in. They were professionally installed so not sure how much work that was but they did a real nice job.Just finished first cleaning with Connolly Leather Cleaner and Connolly Hide Care and I think they even look richer than when new.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    How are they in cold and hot weather. I guess it doesn't really matter if your going for the look

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a set of katzkin a while back. They are tailored for absolute perfect fit. There may be a few wrinkles at first but as soon as you get into some different weather changes they snug up flawless. They don't just slip over your seats on the set I did. The old cloth comes off and they were a replacement. I'm not sure about on newer cars that are more complicated but that's how the truck I did was. It was a 99 Dodge Dakota rt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I put a full set of 100% leather Katzkin seats in my car September 2012.
    They look terrific and the same as the day I put them in. They were professionally installed so not sure how much work that was but they did a real nice job.Just finished first cleaning with Connolly Leather Cleaner and Connolly Hide Care and I think they even look richer than when new.
    I would like to see how these look if thet are on your Grand Prix.

Post Thanks / Like

Put the in my charger 2 years this August,love them there great,I think better then the leather seats that came in my wife's Edge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast