autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't get glass 100% spotless

Maybe it's just the OCD in me, but for some reason I cannot for the life of me get glass 100% spotless, streak-free, lint-free, even with various products that claim so.

I've tried DP Krystal Vision, Stoners, Meguiars. I'm using freshly washed microfiber towels. I've tried the really low nap towels, as well as a guzzler drying towel because it looks to have the same type nap as specific glass cleaning towels I've seen.

It seems I can get the window clean but upon very close inspection you can see very tiny strands of microfiber, or maybe lint? If I try rubbing a dry towel on the glass it definitely sheds some type of "lint." So I'm not sure if that means my microfibers are ruined or what, but I'm not about to throw away ~20 MF towels (most of which are pretty new).

It seems with every swipe all I'm doing is just moving around the lint (or whatever it is) and smearing it around. Whatever I try to do to "lift" off the little fibers doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can't get glass 100% spotless

These work well for leaving no lint:
    Optimum Glass Towel
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Interested in this too. I clean my windows and in the morning sun all is see is millions of microfiber threads...

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you cleaning the glasses , & is the glasses still hot when cleaning them ! just some thoughts here , it was one of my mean issues .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IID View Post
    These work well for leaving no lint:
    Optimum Glass Towel
    Is the issue more-so the towel rather than the spray? Say I bought this towel, and washed it amongst my other towels, would I have the subsequent issue of "linting" because it has been mixed among my other supposedly "lint-full" towels?

Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of throwing 1 or 2 known "new and lint-free" towels in for a machine wash just for the sake of keeping them separate and knowingly "lint-free". Not saying I couldn't, but that's just plain wasteful. If I'm washing towels, I'm washing them all, and I'm washing them together. Am I just destined for towel failure and lint-swarmed windows forever?

Post Thanks / Like
    Brand new Costco MFs for glass. Must be brand new, never washed. No lint problems and cheap enough. After washing I just use them for interior duties.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using AG Online
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olenderc View Post
    Is the issue more-so the towel rather than the spray? Say I bought this towel, and washed it amongst my other towels, would I have the subsequent issue of "linting" because it has been mixed among my other supposedly "lint-full" towels?

Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of throwing 1 or 2 known "new and lint-free" towels in for a machine wash just for the sake of keeping them separate and knowingly "lint-free". Not saying I couldn't, but that's just plain wasteful. If I'm washing towels, I'm washing them all, and I'm washing them together. Am I just destined for towel failure and lint-swarmed windows forever?
    If you wash glass towels with towels that lint....you now have linty glass towels ;-)
    I wash my glass towels with ONLY glass towels.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sproketser View Post
    Where are you cleaning the glasses , & is the glasses still hot when cleaning them ! just some thoughts here , it was one of my mean issues .
    Well, coming back home this morning, I realized I forgot to clean my rear-view mirror yesterday. So after I parked in the garage I grabbed the microfiber towel I used on glass yesterday and gave a spray of Meguiars glass cleaner and wiped it down.

Left some hairs/lint. Re-sprayed and re-wiped maybe a dozen times, then tried paper towels, and a freshly washed guzzler drying towel. No dice. Called it quits and went inside before my OCD caused me to implode.

So the mirror wasn't hot or anything I'd say since it wasn't in direct sunlight or anything of the sort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Brand new Costco MFs for glass. Must be brand new, never washed. No lint problems and cheap enough. After washing I just use them for interior duties.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using AG Online
    Quote Originally Posted by IID View Post
    If you wash glass towels with towels that lint....you now have linty glass towels ;-)
    I wash my glass towels with ONLY glass towels.
    Unfortunately, I don't own a detailing business so at most I have maybe 3-4 towels I'd use on glass, and I can't justify running a machine load for just 3-4 towels. Guess I'm just doomed, haha. I appreciate the advice though. I'll have to deal with the lint for now, I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

Might use other towels , I ve found that Costco mf towels are great sometimes & other times old tshirts or rags do the trick , weird .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast