autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wax flying everywhere help

Good day,

I recently purchased a griots garage 6" DA with 2 gray, 2 white and 1 blue CCS pad. I will be ordering more pads (some orange and more white) in the future but for now i just waxed my car. I seem to be getting splatter no matter how flat the pad is. The kit i bought came with pinnacle pad conditioner and cleaner. At the beginning of every session i give the pad a spritz but after that i usually only give er a spritz every 5-6 times of adding product. I start with an "X" to prime the pad then just use the 3 penny-dime size dots. I still get little tiny splatter particles. What could i be doing wrong?

Thank you,

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wax flying everywhere help

What speed are you using to wax? Waxing is a slow speed op. All you are doing is covering the area and moving the wax around in nice even pattern. For wax you really do not need to "spritz" so it may be getting to wet also. and you may have too much product.

Spritzing is used for compounding and polishing if your products are drying out to fast and initially to give a bit of lubricity to get going. Someone can (and probably will) chime in if I have given you any wrong info

Post Thanks / Like

Once you prime the pad initially you don't have to do it again, at least I never do. Also is the pad off the paint when you start the machine each time? That could be it.

Post Thanks / Like

What speed are you using? For waxing, you don't need anything faster than #3.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you need to spritz the pad other than the first time. It sounds like you are using a liquid wax?? I'm not a pro but with wax I would have just primed the pad...no pad conditioner.

Post Thanks / Like

i used 2 when applying it. Pad is completly flat before the machine is on. I used Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Carnubua. Using my Gray CCS Pad. I just get little tiny dots of splatter. Not gobs of it or nothing. But it's just annoying.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Too much product? Not sure if I do it correctly or not but I also use a GG6 with the 6.5" pads that came with it. I also put a X on it, then spread it out with my finger to cover the pad. I only do that once, then I add 3 less than a pinky nail size drops for each panel, though some panels are small like the rear quarter panel and I may only add one drop, or my rear spoiler I wouldn't add any extra.
    I then put the machine all the way down and add a bit of pressure before I turn it on. I get very little to no splatter. I then spread fast then go back over in my slow section passes.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beamerstrumpet View Post
    What speed are you using to wax? Waxing is a slow speed op. All you are doing is covering the area and moving the wax around in nice even pattern. For wax you really do not need to "spritz" so it may be getting to wet also. and you may have too much product.

Spritzing is used for compounding and polishing if your products are drying out to fast and initially to give a bit of lubricity to get going. Someone can (and probably will) chime in if I have given you any wrong info
    Excellent advice.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like
    After you apply the product to the pad after the initial prime, set the pad on the paint and smear the product onto the paint in the area you will be working before turning the machine on. Move back up to where you set it down initially and turn it on. That's what I do and never have an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice guys. i'll give er a shot tomorrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast