autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: carpet stains

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

carpet stains

What do you guys think is the best stain remover for carpets? is meguiars quik out carpet stain remover any good?

Post Thanks / Like
    If Woolite 10:1 doesnt work for the carpet mats, and DP total interior cleaner doesnt work for the interior carpet, then Folex is the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Folex is great!

Post Thanks / Like
    is 10-1 mean 10 parts water to one part woolite, and is it the fabric softner cleaner your talking about for clothes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j_anderson_23
    is 10-1 mean 10 parts water to one part woolite, and is it the fabric softner cleaner your talking about for clothes
    Yep, thats what he means. Folex is really good stuff as well.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    This was done with folex and my first time using the bissell little green machine..

I'm sure the commercial stuff is alot better than the LGM, but for the weekend warrior I think its a great thing.. I was honestly going to throw those floor mats away and try to find an OEM set ('93 Cobra, well over $100/pair if you can even find them). Probably could've done even better if I had a brush for my PC..

Post Thanks / Like
    Folex

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DantheMan
    This was done with folex and my first time using the bissell little green machine..

I'm sure the commercial stuff is alot better than the LGM, but for the weekend warrior I think its a great thing.. I was honestly going to throw those floor mats away and try to find an OEM set ('93 Cobra, well over $100/pair if you can even find them). Probably could've done even better if I had a brush for my PC..
    damn...thats amazing

Post Thanks / Like
    Just thought I add my expereince with stuborn stains. For some stains that seem impossible to get out or those marks on the doors from peoples shoes when getting out of their car, I use brake cleaner. I know sounds crazy right? But it works. You do have to be careful though because it could ruin the carpets. So do a very small test area to make sure it's not going to do any harm. Also, when I got the stain out I use a little soap and water to make sure nothing is left behind just for insurance. Defintatly probably something not to use on the whole carpet but just for those small spots or when the rest of the carpet is clean except those little spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can pick up something at Wal-Mart, it is made by rubbermaid. It is in the hardware section, Carpet and Upholstery cleaner. I use it everyday.

Though, AL-53 Suggested that I use a carpet/upholstery product from ZEP, found at Lowes. Said it is cheaper and works just as good, if not better. SO when my gallon runs out, I will be trying that.

Folex is good stuff, but expensive IMHO. I still carry it with me though...lol
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast