autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does this look like a professional job?

I wanted to post an update to this thread ...

First, thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions about my car.

After talking to the detail shop that did the work, they offered to refund 100% of what I paid them and I have already received the refund.

They also offered to fix it free of charge, which I declined.

Now I just have to decide what my next step is.

I took it by Wills Windows & Wheels to let Will and his sister look at it. Wow, they are very nice people and seem to really know what they are talking about. I'm very confident they would do a fantastic job on it.

My other option is to do it myself. Many of you suggested that. I have a GG polisher and some M205. I know a little bit about detailing and have done a few cars, however I'm not sure I want to learn on my black one.

I have some questions about which pads and also what product to put on it after I finish with the polish, but I can read up on that.

Anyway, Its nice to know I can come here and ask questions if I get my nerve up and do it myself. Otherwise it will be off to Wills W&W.

Dale - AZ

Post Thanks / Like

they are approved Opti-Coat installers and by the looks of their site, they are well aware of high level stuff like correction and coatings.

nice find.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't personally worked on any Mazdas so what pads do you already have? I was imagine some work with 205 with a white or black css pad could do some good though pending a test spot.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't go wrong with either option.

Will & his sis are a class act. Also, don't stress about doing it yourself with your GG. A DA with M205 on a finishing pad is pretty (very!) foolproof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like
    I would let the other company do it unless you want to they seem like a good company if you want get them to do a test spot for you? Let us know what you end up doing
    Like my page on facebook ill like back - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian...668?fref=photo

Post Thanks / Like

Will's Windows & Wheels is CREAM OF THE CROP!!

If you want your car polished the way it's SUPPOSED to be, take it there, without a doubt!! TRUST ME!!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1 Mark View Post
    Will's Windows & Wheels is CREAM OF THE CROP!!

If you want your car polished the way it's SUPPOSED to be, take it there, without a doubt!! TRUST ME!!
    Will and Dani are very good at what they do..........they will treat you right!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree, those two do top notch jobs. They detail a lot of their work on this site and it's nothing short of correct. People don't typically post evidence of their lack of skill.

You may want to let them take over on this one and find a practice car to get confident with the process.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Does this look like a professional job?

Dale, I'm all for trying to do "most" things myself however if I do not have the time, tools, nor enough experience with said task, I will defer to a professional. I would normally agree with Tato (and others) in this instance however because of two issues my opinion sways to letting Will and Dani take care of this.
    First, as said previously, it is not known how much clear has been removed so letting them test that is of the upmost importance. The most important part of taking care of a vehicle's paint (to me) is making sure it stays intact, meaning, the clearcoat has not been compromised and unsafe to work on. If the CC is too low, I will not want to degrade it further and will inform the customer of this and we will discuss what's best for the safety of the paint going forward. (And yes, I have had an unfortunate bad experience with this - family member's vehicle and have since purchased and use a paint gauge!)
    Second, unless you enjoy waxing it, W&W are very experienced with using CQuartz Finest and this is a great option for your vehicle, and climate conditions.

I'm glad you were able to get your money back! From previous write-ups, W&W have proved their worth working on pure black vehicles making them look fantastic!

Perfect example for you here!!! --> The Dark Knight Rises - Hacked Blk CTS-V Coupe Full Correction & CQuartz Finest

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567