autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does this look like a professional job?

My suggestion would be to take it back and show him the holograms and ask for a refund. Don't let him try to fix anything. He obviously thought he could get away with that and with most people he would have. If he says no, give him some bad reviews on the web and he will be sorry. Remember, most people don't know the difference between a swirl and a squirrel. ANother possibility is that one of the lower level guys did it for the owner and it got past the inspection. You never know. See this.
    Wax On!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Ouch!! I would not even bother taking it back to him and do it yourself. I used to have a Miata and they are really small sports cars. You could finish the job in a short time. The car is small enough to where you could finish in 1 day.

Why take the chance of bringing it back again and have the possibility of the person messing up again.

That car is too nice to have someone mess with it. I say do it yourself and it will look like the way you want it.

PS: Your MX 5 is beautiful in Black
    Thanks Kamakaz1961, for the compliments on my car. Yea, I don't want to take it back to that company for a 2nd try. On their website it says they offer a 100% money back guarantee. So I'm going to email them with pictures and ask for my money back. The cost for this job was $400, the car had 170 miles on it when I took it to them.

I would like to believe I could do better, but I'm just not that confident with my skills, I'm definitely a hobbiest, not a pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Looks like just a rotary was used. I don't know how soft Mazda paint is... But if it's extremely soft I would be a little concerned about how much clear they removed...
    Hmmm, I don't know how soft or hard the paint is? I hope they didn't do to much damage or remove to much clear.

Post Thanks / Like

I would take it back for a full refund. They not only messed up your paint, but you now have to have it corrected again. Or see if they have someone more skilled with a da.
    2010 Honda Civic LX-S Crystal Black Pearl

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, they are pretty much like mine. When I picked it up it was 5:30 in the evening with lower light. Now that I see it in the full sun, I'm a little surprised.

Dale - AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry this happened to you and its another reason why a rotary isn't for me, you really, really need to know what your doing! I hope you get that special Miata all squared away, its a special car!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fly5465 View Post
    Thanks Kamakaz1961, for the compliments on my car. Yea, I don't want to take it back to that company for a 2nd try. On their website it says they offer a 100% money back guarantee. So I'm going to email them with pictures and ask for my money back. The cost for this job was $400, the car had 170 miles on it when I took it to them.

I would like to believe I could do better, but I'm just not that confident with my skills, I'm definitely a hobbiest, not a pro.
    If you manage to get a refund, take it to Will:

Windows and Wheels Detailing - Arizona's Premier Auto Detailers -

He's local to you, I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

wow. i'm the type of person where i wouldn't charge someone for anything until i knew my skills or product was perfect. this is not perfect. i polished my black car 3 weeks ago, and then coated it with pinnacle black label. i live on a dirt road, and washed it 4 times since then, and it still looks like i just polished it when i am done washing. demand a refund. getting angry with the guy will serve no purpose, just get your money back.

this is why i use amex for most things. all you have to do is tell them if they don't refund you will get amex involved. that usually speeds things up. just had a hack tint job done on my car, and had to get a refund, and this worked.

Post Thanks / Like

I would ask for a full refund, not repair. In most cases, a repair would be fine but my concern is that they "wheeled and filled." So a repair will only get you back to square one. Not worth it.

There are plenty of good detailers in your area including Will's Windows and Wheels. They will take good care of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillWashesCars View Post
    I would ask for a full refund, not repair. In most cases, a repair would be fine but my concern is that they "wheeled and filled." So a repair will only get you back to square one. Not worth it.

There are plenty of good detailers in your area including Will's Windows and Wheels. They will take good care of you.
    its like sending food back in a restaurant. even if it was wrong, it is most likely gonna have spit on it when it comes back.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast