autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Waxing a White Car......

.....it sucks !!!

I finally got around to waxing my 2001 Honda Civic that I bought from a friend.

After fixing the engine, and countless hours cleaning the interior, and taking what seemed FOREVER.....FOREVER......FOREVER.....to buff out the massive swirls that this little 2 door beast from hell had, it was finally time to wash it again and give it a nice wax.

Needless to say, I had to break down every panel like I was compounding it again. I used Megs #26, and I'm sure I sued more than I should have, but I couldn't see where the wax was going on too well, even with a halogen light cooking me in the garage. I pulled it outside, but it was no better, as the sky was overcast.

I finally got it done, but god almighty, I almost grabbed my Megs Black Wax, just so I could see where my overlapping was.

I think next time, I'm gonna use it...because waxing a white car with white wax sucks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waxing a White Car......

You should feel a slightly grabby feeling when removing wax from a white car, and then as removed it should feel slippery. Look from angles to find any missed spots.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have the time you can apply the wax with your bare hands. It sounds goofy but the UK guys seem to like it. You will be able to see the wax easily. This is the only easy way I can see supernatural hybrid paste sealant on my white car.

sent "with mind bullets! That's telekinesis, Kyle"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...I found out that applying by hand was the best way. Using a DA wasn't going to work.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that after applying wax to a white or any other car for that matter, it is good to turn down the lights and let an ambient source come in from say the garage door. Then you can look down the panels and actually see the left over wax better.

HUMP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HUMP DIESEL View Post
    I have found that after applying wax to a white or any other car for that matter, it is good to turn down the lights and let an ambient source come in from say the garage door. Then you can look down the panels and actually see the left over wax better.

HUMP
    At least that's the 'trick' I use. More than once my wife has seen me at odd angles, and she just shakes her head, not understanding what I'm doing (LOL).

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a little difficult for sure, i used DoDo rainforest rub on a white car before, so you could kind of see the coloring (green). With the white wax, i had good results applying it with a DA on speed 3. Spreads out better than by hand, in my opinion.

Owner at Clean N' Shiny Auto Detailing Inc.