Hello all,
I would like to thank you all for the amazing amount of information that you have contributed to this site. I have learned a lot over the past month. I have never properly detailed a vehicle; in fact I’ve learned, after finding this site, that I have taken quite poor care of my vehicle’s paint in the past. That has all changed and I now have the knowledge to properly wash my own vehicles.

Now I am focusing on protecting said vehicles. I have a good understanding of technique and procedures, but I am going crazy with the amount of information available about products. I have literally been searching the forum for phrases such as “tuxedo black” and “black Ford” for a week, and I cannot find a comprehensive list of products that are best suited for my paint.

I own a 2011 Ford F-250 in “Tuxedo Black” with minor swirls/scratches. My wife has a 2013 Honda Odyssey in “Smoky Topaz” in similar condition.

I live in New Mexico witch has a very high amount of sun exposure and is very hot in the late spring/summer/early fall. Very dusty/dry. We get very little rain outside of our monsoon season (Late July). Salt is not used on the roads in winter time, but when it does snow they use red dirt on the roads. The wash water evaporates very quickly due to the dry climate, even in late evenings on a cool surface. The truck is always parked outside and is my daily driver. I do take this vehicle off road, hunting, camping.

I have no preference to any brand of products at this point, I’m just looking to get a list of products that will work together in order to best protect my investment. I know a lot of the answers will probably have to do with a coating, and from what I have read, I would agree.

I do have some apprehension about this though, as I have never corrected paint before, and would hate to attempt it on a $60,000 truck and end up ruining the paint. Maybe some time with a DA and just sealant/wax/glaze would build my confidence enough with the machine to attempt a polish?

Wash: Currently have Megs Gold Class (open to change)

WW:

MF: (reviews are hard to judge, some good, some bad on all brands)

APC:

QD:

Tire Dressing:

Clay: I have a Megs kit (unopened)

DA:

Pads:

Compound:

Polish:

LSP:

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I do like the flake in the paint and would love to see it pop even more.

Again, thank you all so much for the information you provide this community. Please let me know if I forgot any information.