autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Spray bottle for HYDR02?

I picked up what I thought was a good quality spray bottle (3M I think) to use for HDRY02 application. It started spitting half way into my application and caused me to waist some product. Who makes a good quality small 16oz or 8oz sprayer that does a nice fine mist? I love my Mercury sprayers but the dual action might be a bit much when applying HDRY02. Thx for any help!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good Spray bottle for HYDR02?

Tolco 320CR (Chemical resistant) has as fine of a spray as I've found in a hand sprayer.
    It's the grey spray head made by Tolco. PM me if you need to know where to get just the spray head for under $2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Tolco 320CR (Chemical resistant) has as fine of a spray as I've found in a hand sprayer.
    It's the grey spray head made by Tolco. PM me if you need to know where to get just the spray head for under $2.

Those are 32oz from what I see.. really looking for 16oz or 8oz sprayers of HIGH quality that will last me.

Post Thanks / Like

You can buy it with a 16 or 32 oz. spray bottle. Or, just buy the spray head and put it on any bottle you want (pull the piece off the bottom of the main tube; cut it to fit your bottle; put the piece back on).

Many vendors sell this sprayer (Chemical Guys sprayers use this spray head - both 32 & 16 oz). Actually, now that I checked into AG's site, they have the spray heads too ( Don't search like I originally did for Tolco. Their search engine won't bring it up. Just go into tools and then sprayers. It's the chemical resistant grey one).

High Output Chemical Resistant Sprayer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Agreed, they are a great sprayer form my experience with them and provide a large range of adjustment including a very fine mist. You can purchase the sprayer head and then pair it with your preferred 8 or 16oz bottle.

Although the siphon tube will be long enough for a 32 oz bottle you can just trim it to your desired length to use in the smaller bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I just figured this out. I may pickup a couple nozzles for hte hell of it. So far my Mecury sprayers are the best I have used. Would love them in a single action setup for HYDR02. Thanks for all the input guys!

Nice Fox Body Kochdalton87... I had a 92 410ci w/200 shot I daily drove to college that went high 9s

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a small 4-6 oz bottle from Walmart that allows for spray pattern adjustment. I have it set as tight as possible and makes a very fine mist while still being able to spray. And since you usually only need 3-6 oz of Hydro2 this works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I just bought a small 4-6 oz bottle from Walmart that allows for spray pattern adjustment. I have it set as tight as possible and makes a very fine mist while still being able to spray. And since you usually only need 3-6 oz of Hydro2 this works great.

Thx! If what I ended up with does not work I will check those out. I have two different items coming my way to test so I think I am covered for now.