autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing Classes?

So my fiancé had a detailer work on her car while I was deployed over a year ago. She recently found out that he took a class at Detail King when he was starting out.

This detailer is mobile and has tons of cool gadgets but his work isn't that great. Okay, so she told me last night that of I want to do this on a more regular basis, it would be a good idea to attend their 2 day class.

My questions are

1. Is there a real benefit to attending these classes?

2 Has anyone on here taken the detail king class?

I'm in Maryland so this class is the closest to me (sorry Autogeek, GA is too far away)

I'd just like to get some input before spending 300 dollars on something that I may not necessarily need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Classes?

It's always beneficial to better your skills and techniques through training. They may teach you a faster process that will in return make you more money by saving you time. If you can afford it, I wouldn't hesitate
    Galatians 6:9And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've taken their 3 day course and thought it was worth it. The first day concentrates on running your business if you have one. Just for the diploma alone I thought it would lend some credibility as I started my business. 2nd day is hands on and covers a lot, you would get exposure to different equipment . I liked the Tornador but haven't bought one yet. If you go, it helps to have all your questions written down ahead of time so you remember to ask. There's so much information flow that it's easy to lose train of thought. The employees are all good guys too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    If it was me (and it's not), I'd make the sacrifice / arrangements to learn from the best guys in the industry who have access to all the newest stuff from many many manufacturers: Mike P & Todd H. Or even Renny Doyle.

My uninformed / ignorant guess is DK is teaching a class that will use their products exclusively. I'd rather go to a class from a professional that can use almost any product he choose and who is focused on the process - not teaching you how to use a specific set of products.

My question is - what has the DK instructor done or written? Do they have a forum showing their work? When you look at the 2 guys at AG - you are getting guys with a passion who are on the cutting edge who have put their knowledge and work out there a zillion times.

I know I sound like an AG brown noser... But, you asked for opinions and that is what I would do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TopThatDetail View Post
    It's always beneficial to better your skills and techniques through training. They may teach you a faster process that will in return make you more money by saving you time. If you can afford it, I wouldn't hesitate

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Medvic View Post
    I've taken their 3 day course and thought it was worth it. The first day concentrates on running your business if you have one. Just for the diploma alone I thought it would lend some credibility as I started my business. 2nd day is hands on and covers a lot, you would get exposure to different equipment . I liked the Tornador but haven't bought one yet. If you go, it helps to have all your questions written down ahead of time so you remember to ask. There's so much information flow that it's easy to lose train of thought. The employees are all good guys too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

Thanks a lot fellas. I think I'm going to go for it. I think exposure is what will be the most valuable. Id love to learn the rotary so I can cover larger areas in less time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Steve 100%. I all about learning from the best in the industry. Ones who have made a name for themselves like Mike, Todd, Renny, Jason, Michael, and Kevin. These are the ones you want to learn from these guys have been at the top of the game for years and when you seek out info these are the ones you want to learn from.

Learning hands on with any one of these guys will be fit you more than anyone else and while they may charge a bit more you will get more out of learning from them than anywhere else.

I love to learn but I will only learn hands on with the best and pay that price for it but in the end you will have learned the right way and learned more that you could have ever thought.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

I badly want to attend Mike or at Esoteric. Eso is local to me by about 5 hours so a weekend trip would be nice with no airfare. However Mike is a personable guy and is SUPER easy to talk with.

Post Thanks / Like

training is one thing you cannot pass on, but are you going to come with the same education that other guy came out with.

i saved up for this class, and am looking at more training here in the near futur

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ay-2014-a.html