autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tornador Foam Gun

not bad, works great in terms of making a ton of foam like advertised, i mostly wanted it for engine bays, wheels, and lsp stripping with prepsol (hi-temp product).

but man, this thing blows throw product, i may have to make a large modified jug or container to attach to this thing.. its supposed to have enough suction for a fairly long hose, so getting a sprayer, and modifying the pickup for a long tube design shouldn't be too difficult, and will make it much easier to just pick up, use, and put away without having to refill it 3 times when doing multiple things.

anyone else feel like it eats through product? what ratio did you use in yours? i didnt use the dp extreme foam that came with it yet, i used the CG wash and gloss though, to help clean the engine bay, and it looks like it worked perfectly, whatever didn't just soak and rinse away, got scrubbed of easy with a daytona brush.

made a normally rough job, with lots of dunking into a bucket, and sloshing water everywhere, and digging into tight corners to get cleaner on buildup a lot easier and quicker. took maybe 5 minutes to do the bay, if i was wanting to do an actualy detail i would spent another 10 wiping, drying, and dressing. but this is a daily, so i just want to prevent buildup that is going to cause damage later from things like battery fumes, rust from salt, etc.

how much product does everyone use in theirs though? i think i probably put an ounce into the container because i wasn't paying a attention, but i'm sure i could get away with less.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tornador Foam Gun

I would think an ounce diluted to clean an engine is way better than the 12 ounces from a spray bottle? I'm looking at getting one of these so I am curious for responses!

Post Thanks / Like

If I had an air compressor, I might consider one. But given its price (and the fact that you need a compressor), I think a steam cleaner would be a better and more versatile tool, albeit more expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the new mcullough steamer as well, until i figure it out, the tornador is winning for cleaning!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trekkeruss View Post
    If I had an air compressor, I might consider one. But given its price (and the fact that you need a compressor), I think a steam cleaner would be a better and more versatile tool, albeit more expensive.

its actually pretty simple, and if i had seen how it looked inside the cup that "foams" i would have just built one from a few simple parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I agree it goes through product fast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TurboToys View Post
    its actually pretty simple, and if i had seen how it looked inside the cup that "foams" i would have just built one from a few simple parts.
    if you ever get a chance to take pics i'm sure i'm not alone when i say we would all appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like

Well. Its a blow gun to a venturi , which goes directly into a fish tank sponge filter and out the front. Thats it. Im going to pyrchase abfew things a make one at home and see how it works. Wont be very difficult

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like a Sequoia/Tundra engine.

Did you cover anything prior to cleaning?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LRC3 View Post
    That looks like a Sequoia/Tundra engine.

Did you cover anything prior to cleaning?
    i took a look around. most of everything in the bay is still very pliable, so i doubt i was going to find cracked electrical connections exposing anything underneath.

the spark plugs are covered by sealed and bolted down coils so no need to cover those up.

as long as you are sprayed over the top with low pressure the fuse boxes are fine, the way those boxes are designed is specific to being able to spray down an engine bay.

this engine is more than safe to spray with low pressure water for a rinse without hurting anything. i would be worried if things were cracked and old, but at 200k miles. mine is fine. and had no issues with it afterwards, no places for water to build up either.

its an 01 tundra btw. i also have an 01 sequoia as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast