autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DIY LED Work Light (much better than halogen!)

Hi everyone,great thread by the way,after reading and like frogtop looking for the bulbs ect in U.K i saw these on Ebay and think they are as close to the tourchstar bulbs i could find. Alittle higher on lumen at 1440 but i think i may give these a go.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291571118344

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gremlin View Post
    Hi everyone,great thread by the way,after reading and like frogtop looking for the bulbs ect in U.K i saw these on Ebay and think they are as close to the tourchstar bulbs i could find. Alittle higher on lumen at 1440 but i think i may give these a go.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291571118344

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow you found something similar there from uk please let us know what you think of them

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STI4Life06 View Post
    This is the best thread....EVER. Absolutely love this setup and it gives off some serious light and should show imperfections with ease. My car isn't a good example since it doesn't have any imperfections to find . The tripod is way more sturdy than I thought it would be even when its set to the maximum height. Definitely going to buy a second light holder and clamp it towards the bottom.

Heres what I ended up buying from Amazon in case anyone is lost:

Attachment 58654
    Attachment 58650
    Attachment 58653
    Attachment 58652
    Attachment 58651

Please can you confirm what lumens does it state on your torchstar bulbs or anyone else who also have the torchstar 5000k 18w led bulbs from amazon? Mine finally arrived from USA to UK after paying huge import fees and customs i set everything's up and I'm struggling to see swirls and scratches? I then looked at my bulbs and it actually states 1100 lumens but on amazon it says 1280 lumens....

Also can anyone tell me which angle is best to see swirls and should this be only used indoors? I don't have a garage so I am trying to use them outside with no luck , it excellent on plastic trim it shows up everything there but nothing on paintwork

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frogtop View Post
    Please can you confirm what lumens does it state on your torchstar bulbs or anyone else who also have the torchstar 5000k 18w led bulbs from amazon? Mine finally arrived from USA to UK after paying huge import fees and customs i set everything's up and I'm struggling to see swirls and scratches? I then looked at my bulbs and it actually states 1100 lumens but on amazon it says 1280 lumens....

Also can anyone tell me which angle is best to see swirls and should this be only used indoors? I don't have a garage so I am trying to use them outside with no luck , it excellent on plastic trim it shows up everything there but nothing on paintwork
    I don't have any original packaging from my Torchstar bulbs, but I can tell you you will not notice 1100 vs. 1280 lumens in this application.

However, using inspection lights outdoors with bright ambient light will be a waste of time. Inspection is best when you can control ambient lighting (i.e. Indoors). If you must inspect a vehicle outdoors, I would recommend doing it in the dark. We work in the dark all the time indoors with only our inspection lights on.

Retired Professional Detailer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    I don't have any original packaging from my Torchstar bulbs, but I can tell you you will not notice 1100 vs. 1280 lumens in this application.

However, using inspection lights outdoors with bright ambient light will be a waste of time. Inspection is best when you can control ambient lighting (i.e. Indoors). If you must inspect a vehicle outdoors, I would recommend doing it in the dark. We work in the dark all the time indoors with only our inspection lights on.
    do you still have the torchstar bulbs? if yes please can you look on the lower part of the bulbs where the e27 screw is it has the spec on there.
    ahhhh thats prob why i cant see the swirls im outside in daylight i am thinking of investing in a gazebo canopy tent thing which colour do you recommend they sell black grey green red brown or white

torchstar state they sell 5000k in
    Lumens: 1100lm(warm white); 1200lm(cool white); 1200lm(daylight)
    18W Dimmable PAR38 LED Bulb - TORCHSTAR

mine is 1100 so im guessing although i have 5000k colour temp my brightness is warm white? doesnt make sence the brightness to be a colour but thats what it says on the website

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

do you still have the torchstar bulbs? if yes please can you look on the lower part of the bulbs where the e27 screw is it has the spec on there.
    ahhhh thats prob why i cant see the swirls im outside in daylight i am thinking of investing in a gazebo canopy tent thing which colour do you recommend they sell black grey green red brown or white

torchstar state they sell 5000k in
    Lumens: 1100lm(warm white); 1200lm(cool white); 1200lm(daylight)
    18W Dimmable PAR38 LED Bulb - TORCHSTAR

mine is 1100 so im guessing although i have 5000k colour temp my brightness is warm white? doesnt make sence the brightness to be a colour but thats what it says on the website
    These are the Torchstar I purchased from Amazon and they work perfectly:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vg247 View Post
    These are the Torchstar I purchased from Amazon and they work perfectly:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    sorry i dont think i said it clearly i bought these which you shared however after recieving them from amazon the spec on the listing doesnt match the details on the actual bulb if you look closley near the bottom it. torchstar state these bulbs are 1200 or1280 but on the bulb it says 1100 so can you kindly check your bulbs to see if its 1100 or 1200 please

Post Thanks / Like

sorry i dont think i said it clearly i bought these which you shared however after recieving them from amazon the spec on the listing doesnt match the details on the actual bulb if you look closley near the bottom it. torchstar state these bulbs are 1200 or1280 but on the bulb it says 1100 so can you kindly check your bulbs to see if its 1100 or 1200 please
    You seem to be confused on these bulbs.

This is not a single bulb, but three variations depending on which color temp you want.

option #1 is 1100 lumen, 3000K warm white bulb.
    option #2 is 1200 lumen, 4000K cool white bulb.
    option #3 is 1200 lumen, 5000K daylight bulb.

It sounds like you rec'd a warm white 3000K color temp bulb that puts out 1100 lumens.

Post Thanks / Like

I do still have them. I will try to remember to have a look at them.

Even if you have an EZ Up tent to work in outside, the ambient light is still going to be too high for "good" inspection. Especially on light colored paint. Dark colored vehicles can be inspected using the sunlight, however it is still not the same as artificial, high powered light in a controlled environment (or outside in the dark).

The only benefit of the EZ Up tent is to keep the vehicle out of direct sunlight and reducing surface temperatures, which is important when correcting paint and when applying various products.

Retired Professional Detailer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mengelhardt View Post
    You seem to be confused on these bulbs.

This is not a single bulb, but three variations depending on which color temp you want.

option #1 is 1100 lumen, 3000K warm white bulb.
    option #2 is 1200 lumen, 4000K cool white bulb.
    option #3 is 1200 lumen, 5000K daylight bulb.

It sounds like you rec'd a warm white 3000K color temp bulb that puts out 1100 lumens.
    as stated before my bulbs are 5000k BUT with only 1100 lumens... it written on the bulb itself which is why i am confused torchstar has sent me somthing thats not as advertised, i purchased option 3 in your list but got some new hybrid or its a bulb that maybe 3000k with 1100 lumens and they printed the details wrong or vise versa its a 5000k with 1200 but printed 1100 lumens by accident????

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041 LastLast