autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DIY LED Work Light (much better than halogen!)

Quote Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
    Better read the reviews.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ended up buying the Great Value (even though I hate supporting WalMart) PAR38 bulbs. They were $22, and put out 1050 lumens at 5000K. They were too cheap not to try. I will let you guys know how they work. I also built a work light using a $5 work light, aluminum foil, and a Great Value A19 (800 lumens at 5000K) bulb.

Kappy

I'm having a problem with the bracket that holds the bulbs, which keeps slipping so the angle changes, probably because the bulbs are so heavy. The one I bought is currently unavailable on Amazon, but there are similar models being sold, and slipping is mentioned in several reviews.

The way the bracket is made is unusual, so that tightening one side also turns the other and it's necessary to tighten both ends at the same time. I'm afraid to tighten it too much and risk damaging it. Is anyone else having the same problem, and is there a way to fix this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
    I'm having a problem with the bracket that holds the bulbs, which keeps slipping so the angle changes, probably because the bulbs are so heavy. The one I bought is currently unavailable on Amazon, but there are similar models being sold, and slipping is mentioned in several reviews.

The way the bracket is made is unusual, so that tightening one side also turns the other and it's necessary to tighten both ends at the same time. I'm afraid to tighten it too much and risk damaging it. Is anyone else having the same problem, and is there a way to fix this?
    I'm having the same problem. Wasn't sure if it was my unit or if it was something everyone is experiencing. The only way I can use it is if the bulbs point straight ahead - if I try to angle them they fall completely down.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Powersmith unit is amazing!! I love it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kappy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Wasn't sure if it was my unit or if it was something everyone is experiencing. The only way I can use it is if the bulbs point straight ahead - if I try to angle them they fall completely down.
    Yeah I have the same problem. The LED bulbs are pretty heavy. I really thought I was going to strip out the threads I was putting so much pressure tightening them up. Probably should order another one for a back up.

Post Thanks / Like

How is the tripod on that Powersmith unit? Usually the tripods are junk on the halogens, and that looks like a converted halogen.

Post Thanks / Like

bump for reference

Post Thanks / Like

I built this one after reading this thread. It shows every imperfection very easily, even in my charcoal silver paint.

Rick......(Spelled with a "D" )

Post Thanks / Like

Nice set up!!!!! Looks very sturdy and flexible in height.

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast