autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M205 Issues

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

M205 Issues

Hello everyone I recently purchased m205 and Griots 6"inch polisher for my first paint correction. The vehicle is a 2012 white Honda accord. I was using m205 to remove some light scuffs on the paint with a orange CCCS 4" pad followed by a 4" white CCCSpad. I know i need to work on my technique but now I have scratches on paint that were not there before. I primed my pads then applied 3 pea size drops on pads spread the product out first then I tried the Griots on Speed 4.5 for about 4-5 passes with orange and same with white pad. One of the areas i am working on is convex panel on passenger side and I am having difficulty keeping the pad flat. Should i consider doing this area by hand with m205 on a orange or white pad?, or is this a sign that m205 is to aggressive for my paint?.
    Any help would be appreciated?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: M205 Issues

I'd want to try the white pad with M205 and if you still get marring do you have a black pad? How much pressure are you exerting on the machine and pad? Lighten it up if your squishing the pad and see what you get with a white pad. Maybe even the white pad you're using with M205 is creating some issues with what sounds like soft paint. I do like M205 but do you have any other finish polishes?

Post Thanks / Like

Honda's can sometimes have soft paint. Try using a finishing pad with M205 and see if that works.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    I'd want to try the white pad with M205 and if you still get marring do you have a black pad? How much pressure are you exerting on the machine and pad? Lighten it up if your squishing the pad and see what you get with a white pad. Maybe even the white pad you're using with M205 is creating some issues with what sounds like soft paint. I do like M205 but do you have any other finish polishes?
    yes i do have black pads just picked some up. As for pressure I am using moderate pressure but i notice if the pad stops spinning and it has a few times especially when i am going over the curved edge of the panel. as for other finishing polishes I do not have any. reading forums and other online users recommend ultimate compound. i was considering Menzerna 4000 or 4500. Any recommendations?.

thanks for your help.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Honda's can sometimes have soft paint. Try using a finishing pad with M205 and see if that works.

Thanks for the response will try a finishing pad.

Post Thanks / Like

I would highly recommend the Menz 4500 and with a black pad on your soft paint may look miraculous. Also make sure your towel materials are surgically clean too.

Given what you have though i might be tempted to try the M205, black finishing pad and light pressure and wipe clean with your sugically clean MF towel.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would highly recommend the Menz 4500 and with a black pad on your soft paint may look miraculous. Also make sure your towel materials are surgically clean too.

Given what you have though i might be tempted to try the M205, black finishing pad and light pressure and wipe clean with your sugically clean MF towel.
    Thanks for your help once again will give it a shot and upload pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

You said there are scratches that were not there previous to your polishing.

Are you sure they are not RIDS that are showing clearly due to the fact that they were hidden amongst swirls and other defects that you've now removed?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Possibility they are rids. I going to try a finishing pilish. Thanx for the reply.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using AG Online

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered 4000 since I have 4500 and was wondering the difference or when to use each one. I think u answered my question. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast