autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tuscarora Dave's miscellaneous stuff thread.

From time to time I just want to post a few comments or a few pictures or just rant a little about detailing related stuff so I thought I would start my own miscellaneous detailing related stuff thread. I will do my best to keep everything that I post in this thread detailing related discussion instead of off topic weather related discussion, however I can't help but start it off with a weather related comment. THIS RAIN IS KILLING ME!!! I have been rained out 7 times now on this one detailing job. I have had this car for a week now and am still not quite done with it.

I left the owner of this car a message on Facebook about how I prefer to present the car to the owner by doing a final QD wipedown to have that perfect looking paint correction be their first impression and that their first impression of this job will be the beading and sheeting characteristics of Opti-Coat 2.0.

This car was compounded with my Makita rotary using Poorboy's World Master Cut Super Cut Compound on a 5.5" orange PB VC pad, polished with my Makita using M-205 on a 5.5" red PB VC pad and finish polished with my Meguiar's G110V2 using 3M Ultra Fine Finishing Polish on a BAF industries 6" foam finishing pad. I washed off all the polishing oils and applied a coating of Opti-Coat 2.0, I wanted to get some nice sun shots of the finished work but that ain't happening. Here's a few pics as it is right now.

The wheels also got a coat of Opti-Coat 2.0 and the tires were treated with a double coat of UTTG.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tuscarora Dave's miscellaneous stuff thread.

Nice work, Dave. The rain sucks! I have to deal with it here in tampa.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Aircraft Detailing
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

living in oregon i hear you. my neighbors love birds and have tons of feeders. i now present cars with birds actually crapping on them in front of the customer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    From time to time I just want to post a few comments or a few pictures or just rant a little about detailing related stuff so I thought I would start my own miscellaneous detailing related stuff thread. I will do my best to keep everything that I post in this thread detailing related discussion instead of off topic weather related discussion, however I can't help but start it off with a weather related comment. THIS RAIN IS KILLING ME!!! I have been rained out 7 times now on this one detailing job. I have had this car for a week now and am still not quite done with it.

I left the owner of this car a message on Facebook about how I prefer to present the car to the owner by doing a final QD wipedown to have that perfect looking paint correction be their first impression and that their first impression of this job will be the beading and sheeting characteristics of Opti-Coat 2.0.

This car was compounded with my Makita rotary using Poorboy's World Master Cut Super Cut Compound on a 5.5" orange PB VC pad, polished with my Makita using M-205 on a 5.5" red PB VC pad and finish polished with my Meguiar's G110V2 using 3M Ultra Fine Finishing Polish on a BAF industries 6" foam finishing pad. I washed off all the polishing oils and applied a coating of Opti-Coat 2.0, I wanted to get some nice sun shots of the finished work but that ain't happening. Here's a few pics as it is right now.

The wheels also got a coat of Opti-Coat 2.0 and the tires were treated with a double coat of UTTG.
    Quote Originally Posted by daveinsweethome View Post
    living in oregon i hear you. my neighbors love birds and have tons of feeders. i now present cars with birds actually crapping on them in front of the customer.

You guys BOTH need to invest in building a garage. Or at least a big awning. That bird crap story is hilarious. Maybe invest in a 12ga.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool thread Dave and I'll bet once the rain stops we'll all get back to normal..

Raining here and a big bag of wind and more rain headed this way....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great Dave. I'm sure the owner will be estatic

Sunny and 84 here
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good Dave. The rain and wind is killing us as well. At least I was able to detail the interior today with Ultima on one of my cars.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Best looking, no sun pics on the site Dave. Hang in there.

Post Thanks / Like

The car doesn't look good Dave . . . it looks AMAZING

I always love seeing your posts. I might call you soon to talk if thats still cool with you!
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of the replies guys. Yesterday morning before going out to another town not so far away to do a Volvo decontamination and quick polish I was cleaning the interior up on this Solara and while scrubbing the mats with my Cyclo it began pouring down raining on me. I stuck to my guns and finished that last mat in the pouring rain. I got so angry. I put my cords and Cyclo in the van then put all 4 mats in my Buick and drove them 2 blocks up to the local coin op car wash where I would spray all the dirt out of them with the high pressure rinse. I got to the car wash and it was sunny and dry. Go figure.

I got a laugh when watching this guy who had all his mats and other stuff pulled out of his car at the coin op vacuum realized that the rain was coming. It's not nice to think this way but seeing the angry look on his face when it started pouring down raining on him and all of his mats and other stuff was somewhat comforting to me. I guess some are sicker than others. It's just wrong to find comfort in something like that but just seeing that I wasn't alone made me feel better I suppose.

Well I just woke up from a long needed nap and to my surprise and delight, the storm is gone and it has turned into a beautiful day so I can now go out here and clean the glass, place the cleaned mats back into this Solara, do a QD wipedown and take a few after photos in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    The car doesn't look good Dave . . . it looks AMAZING

I always love seeing your posts. I might call you soon to talk if thats still cool with you!
    Still cool with that buddy.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast