autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatAvalon View Post
    I applied it. 3 days later I polished it off. I don't like it for my windshield at all. My wipers chattered so much, it was nuts. And they make all times of noise. Not cool.

But just tonight I applied FlyBy30 to all my glass except my windshield. 2 layers. On surfaces not being abraded by wipers, I hope to have a rain-x effect for almost a year. We'll see. But I can tell you that I will never use FlyBy30 on any window with a wiper on it again. We'll see how it is on the side and rear windshield of my sedan.

I think I will also be applying it to the side windows of our RAV. Not the front or rear windshield though, since they have wipers.

EDIT: forgot to add my experience was with the 2014 formula.

Weird. I didn't have any wiper chatter with the old formula, maybe the new formula that resists wiper abrasion makes them chatter?
    I find with this stuff I never need to use the wipers anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro FlyBy30 windshield&glass coating

Chatter can happen from a variety of variables aligning in an unfortunate manner -

It is quite short lived if it does happen but here's what usually causes it and tips to avoid-

Type of rubber
    Age of rubber
    Tension on wiper blades
    If the wipers are stiff or flexible with no tension
    Length of wiper blades

In summary - if the pressure on the wiper is not as strong as the friction between the two types of materials along some portion of the wiper blade chatter can occur.

The times I have heard of this it's generally when the vehicle contains the blades with no springs to tension them. I expect it's the rubber type as well-

We recommend cleaning the wiper blades very well with eraser and mf towel followed by reload to change the friction.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro FlyBy30 windshield&glass coating

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    Weird. I didn't have any wiper chatter with the old formula, maybe the new formula that resists wiper abrasion makes them chatter?
    I find with this stuff I never need to use the wipers anyway.
    Hahaha that is the truth though. We had a straight down pour and man, it almost gave me vertigo on how fast the rain was flying off. I shot a video, it was pretty cool. But eventually I needed to use the wipers and they made lots of racket.

I am admittedly anal about how I want my windshield to react to rain and how I want my wipers to behave. The RAV is 6 months old and it hasn't had ANYTHING on its windshield since I love the way they are from the factory. My car I made the mistake when it was a month or two old of rain-x and that ruined it. New car w/ new wipers you don't hear them at all, they just glide. That's what I am looking for, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Chatter can happen from a variety of variables aligning in an unfortunate manner -

It is quite short lived if it does happen but here's what usually causes it and tips to avoid-

Type of rubber
    Age of rubber
    Tension on wiper blades
    If the wipers are stiff or flexible with no tension
    Length of wiper blades

In summary - if the pressure on the wiper is not as strong as the friction between the two types of materials along some portion of the wiper blade chatter can occur.

The times I have heard of this it's generally when the vehicle contains the blades with no springs to tension them. I expect it's the rubber type as well-

We recommend cleaning the wiper blades very well with eraser and mf towel followed by reload to change the friction.
    Thanks for the info and advise. I do have a new vehicle that doesn't have those springs all over its OEM wiper blades.
    2012 Toyota Camry SE | 2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12