autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Windshields are not my fav

Are there any threads on here about how to get a streak free windshield?.. I can never seem to..should I do the windshield first or last?? Any input would be appreciated!
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you talking about the cleaning process of windshield's or when you use your wipers if you talking about the cleaning part you will want to work in small sections from the middle outward only using one or two sprays of cleaner and two microfiber towels if you see streaks on windshield when using wipers you will want to try claying, polishing and sealing your windshield also consider changing wipers and if problem still present then go see if you have a defective wiper system

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry.. I meant the inside.. I normally do the windshield last and it always ends up streaky.. Almost like its too humid or something.. Maybe my process is wrong!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Windshields are not my fav

i do the entire windshield from the passenger side, Spray my cleaner on a waffle weave, wipe the passenger side of the windshield down, then wipe down again with a dry waffle weave. then i do the the same for the drivers side. then, i take a third waffle weave and wipe down the entire windshield. you'll be able to feel it remove any leftover streaks. also, a light shining through the windshield helps to see everything

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1kwikf View Post
    i do the entire windshield from the passenger side, Spray my cleaner on a waffle weave, wipe the passenger side of the windshield down, then wipe down again with a dry waffle weave. then i do the the same for the drivers side. then, i take a third waffle weave and wipe down the entire windshield. you'll be able to feel it remove any leftover streaks. also, a light shining through the windshield helps to see everything
    i do this and then a light might of distilled water of a mf towel just to be sure, that process hasn't disappointed me yet.

Post Thanks / Like

The key to streak-free glass is using a quality cleaner and 2, two, not to or too, but 2 clean microfiber waffle glass towels. Be sure to use distilled water with your glass cleaners..

Towel 1

The first towel is for cleaning the glass. Spray light application of glass cleaner then wipe with the towel. Flip the towel exposing a clean section to avoid redepositing contaminates.

The idea is to use just enough product to dissolve the contaminates then have the towel absorb the liquid. Using the same section over and over will eventually do noting more than smear the glass.

Towel 2

The second towel is for wiping or going over the section just cleaned. This towel will remove anything left and wipe away any streaks that may exist...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I had that issue as well. I second on the two towel method. A decent glass cleaner also helps reduce streaking.
    Eco-friendly, Mobile Detailing Services at Your Doorstep! Servicing North Bay Area.
    Like Our Company Facebook Page
    Check Out Our Website for more Information

Post Thanks / Like

Any time I have streaking issues I break out Carpro Eraser. I works great. I use this to bail me out. Bobby G is right though technique is key.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find whenever I get smear issues it's because I've over applied the glass cleaner. 2 cloths are essential imo, I spent a long time trying to find a cleaner that could just be wiped on and be completely streak free but in the end I wasn't happy with any of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok here are some keys, especially in direct sun:

1. Clean microfibers. Do NOT wash your glass microfibers with microfibers you do paintwork with. There will be residue that will cause streaks. I only wash my glass microfibers with ONR microfibers.

2. Use two towels, or flip sides after each section. Kind of like an ONR wash, you wipe the grime up with one side of the towel, how can it be wiped clean with the same side? You are just smearing the grime around.

3. Apply the cleaner to the TOWEL, not the glass itself. A couple of sprays will ensure even distribution of the cleaner so that it will more thoroughly pick up the grime. Spraying directly on the glass causes either too much product that is hard to absorb, or too quick of absorption into the towel so that there is very little product actually cleaning the glass.

4. Double up on your work. Unless the glass is barely dirty to begin with I almost always do interior glass twice.

If you take this advice basically any glass cleaner will work great for you. For even less hassle get something odor and dye free like Stoner's Invisible Glass or HD Glass.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast