autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Reload Looks Greasy

So I applied CQuartz about a month ago, then several weeks after I applied Reload. I used it sparingly and wiped off the residue. Well tried to wipe off the residue, all it does is smear. So I waited a few weeks, washed the car and it was fine. Tried to apply Reload again and even places where the paint looks ok if you wipe a microfiber over it more smears will occur. On the first application it still smeared after over a week in the sun. What's going on here? The car is black so the effect is probably much easier to see on darker colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reload Looks Greasy

It's recommended to use Eraser or IPA to remove the Reload on the affected areas; then reapply. You could try that, if you want.

-Different people seem to have as many different reasons of using this Sealant on top of various brands of Coatings...including those of CQuartz.

-So...If I may ask:
    What persuaded you to use Reload on top of this vehicle's particular CQuartz Coating---after just one month from its application date---or ever, for that matter?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    It's recommended to use Eraser or IPA to remove the Reload on the affected areas; then reapply. You could try that, if you want.

-Different people seem to have as many different reasons of using this Sealant on top of various brands of Coatings...including those of CQuartz.

-So...If I may ask:
    What persuaded you to use Reload on top of this vehicle's particular CQuartz Coating---after just one month from its application date---or ever, for that matter?

Bob

After waiting a few weeks and washing the car the problem areas were gone, they came back after the next application. The reason I used reload is the paint didn't feel slick or have the wet look I was looking for with just CQuartz.

Post Thanks / Like
    With cquartz you were supposed to have slick paint. Did you do an IPA wiped own or Eraser before applying the CQ? When you apply CQ you have to buff off any leftover spots a few minutes after. The Reload is supposed to be applied within an hour after application of CQ. I did CQUK 2014 today and the paint was like butter.

Owner at Clean N' Shiny Auto Detailing Inc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    With cquartz you were supposed to have slick paint. Did you do an IPA wiped own or Eraser before applying the CQ? When you apply CQ you have to buff off any leftover spots a few minutes after. The Reload is supposed to be applied within an hour after application of CQ. I did CQUK 2014 today and the paint was like butter.
    Yes did a very thorough IPA wipedown... not sure why but I've read others on here also had the same problem, the paint didn't feel slick at all. I followed the directions with how soon to wipe it off, used the suede microfibers also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dan45hk View Post
    After waiting a few weeks and washing the car the problem areas were gone, they came back after the next application. The reason I used reload is the paint didn't feel slick or have the wet look I was looking for with just CQuartz.
    Sorry that it wound up greasy instead.
    Hope you find that:
    Eraser/IPA offers a peace-ful solution.

Bob "Bowzer" Bauman
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem. Luckily I only did s small spot so it wasn't to bad. Email Cory at CarPro he will help you out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    I don't see anything on the AGO or CarPro website that indicates this.

You might be thinking of CGTechniq C1 followed by EXO2

• When applying over C1, this should be done between 3 and 12 hours after completing the C1 application, depending on the environment temperature and conditions

Post Thanks / Like
    what color vehicle u got ? reload can be diluted with di water to aid in that excess/streaky/greasy look . 1 part reload to .5/.7 part water.need very little reload applied to panel 1 spray per 3sq feet. use short weave mf to buff. . these are tips from Corey .
    I just cquk'd a week ago and had no trouble with reload .

Post Thanks / Like

I mean i know that CQUK is supposed to be slick, but i also know that Opti-Coat is not slick, but Reload makes it slick.

The CQUK i've been using is a 2014 version; do you know what version yours was?

Owner at Clean N' Shiny Auto Detailing Inc.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast