autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

making my Ram look its best

Guys, I am sort of a newb and want to make my Ram look its best. It only has 20K so paint is good. I am going to list what I have and you guys tell me what the best process would be get THE look.

I currently have XMT360(on the way), clay bar/lube, and a car wash. I am not opposed to buying Pinnacle Soveran if it would far exceed the 360. I have a Makita 6040 and an orange, white, black and wool pad from LC. Tell me the best way to go. Hand polish or machine and which pads. Thanks and heres the before pics.

[IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't comment on rotary procedures, sorry - but your top Pinnacle wax for silver is Signature Series 2, not Pinnacle Souveran. This is due to the colors they were formulated for.
    Good luck! Very nice truck!
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Ito. The truck is actually more of a bronze or gold, not really silver at all. They call it Metallic Khaki if I recall. So the best wax is actually specific to vehicle color? I always figured the best quality was the best best quality, but have no experience to back this up.

Given the truck is Khaki instead of silver, do you still think sig series II is the best route?

Post Thanks / Like
    Another shot, in the shade, I think it may show the color better.

Post Thanks / Like
    i used sig series 2 yesterday on my dark grey mettalicf350 it came out awesome. nice and wet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails making my Ram look its best-truck-pics-049-jpg   making my Ram look its best-samantha-046-jpg  
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro556
    Guys, I am sort of a newb and want to make my Ram look its best. It only has 20K so paint is good. I am going to list what I have and you guys tell me what the best process would be get THE look.

I currently have XMT360(on the way), clay bar/lube, and a car wash. I am not opposed to buying Pinnacle Soveran if it would far exceed the 360. I have a Makita 6040 and an orange, white, black and wool pad from LC. Tell me the best way to go. Hand polish or machine and which pads. Thanks and heres the before pics.

[IMG]
    Hydro, your Ram looks nice. When did you polish last? Don't polish if you don't have too. Machine for polish and hand for waxes. Souveran paste for dark colors and Sig 11 for lighter colors such as yours. If you do polish with 360 it should be lsp ready, but putting a coat of sig11 will really give you added protection and that extra shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro556
    Thanks, Ito. The truck is actually more of a bronze or gold, not really silver at all. They call it Metallic Khaki if I recall. So the best wax is actually specific to vehicle color? I always figured the best quality was the best best quality, but have no experience to back this up.

Given the truck is Khaki instead of silver, do you still think sig series II is the best route?
    Hydro,
    Awesome color! Yes, Sig Series 2 for sure. See, Rsurfer agrees! It will look great on your truck!

L.T.
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ltoman
    Hydro,
    Awesome color! Yes, Sig Series 2 for sure. See, Rsurfer agrees! It will look great on your truck!

L.T.
    also. Sig Series II. She looks great as is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for Sig Series II. I haven't used it, but everyone raves about it for lighter colors. I use Souveran on my dark green car and it is a fantastic wax. Another option, less expensive, would be DP Max Wax. I have used that on white and silver and it is a great wax.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf
    Another vote for Sig Series II. I haven't used it, but everyone raves about it for lighter colors. I use Souveran on my dark green car and it is a fantastic wax. Another option, less expensive, would be DP Max Wax. I have used that on white and silver and it is a great wax.
    Used both with great results on light grey metallic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast