autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

First interior carpet and upholstery cleaning...

I been only exterior but a friend wanted his truck details because he is selling it so he asked if I could do the inside as well. Since I just bought a vapamore 100 I thought I'll give it a go. Went to home depot and bought a pressure sprayer, some folex and a carpet brush. Got home and got to work. I forgot to take before pictures but it I thought I came out pretty well. Vacuumed first well because it was covered in dog hair and children's droppings (not poop but the normal food and stuff). Took me almost 2 hours but I got it done. Then got the elbow grease out along with my upholstery and carpet brush, spray bottle with warm water and a 1:30 mixture of simple green, folex, and Terrys(btw lesson learned that Terrys leave a lot of lint, which I vacuumed up after. Scrub and scrub and scrub some more using folex on the spots that were a little stubborn. Extracted with the shop vac with the claw attachment then steamed the doors and plastic areas. Dressed with a new bottle of nxt interior protectant that I found in my cabinet of products (been there for a while, remember I never did interiors). Here's some of the afters.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First interior carpet and upholstery cleaning...-uploadfromtaptalk1398925433065-jpg   First interior carpet and upholstery cleaning...-uploadfromtaptalk1398925461149-jpg   First interior carpet and upholstery cleaning...-uploadfromtaptalk1398925484724-jpg   First interior carpet and upholstery cleaning...-uploadfromtaptalk1398925508639-jpg   First interior carpet and upholstery cleaning...-uploadfromtaptalk1398925543794-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow I get to hit the outside (if it don't rain) and boy I got my work cut out for me. The water marks are pretty bad but I'm gonna give it hell! FYI I have a LGM coming in soon and I'm going to use that till I have money for a extractor.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First interior carpet and upholstery cleaning...

Love the way it came out! I am planning on getting an extractor soon in order to clean my Honda's seats filled with coffee! I use a citrus washer, a scrubbing brush, and dress it afterwards.
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Lot of work without an extractor. Shop vac and the claw tool worked better than I expected. I removed the seats and there was a brutal stain under the drivers seat. I got most of it out but it looks like it's been there for a while so you could still see some of it. Other than that I'm happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First interior carpet and upholstery cleaning...

Andddd it looks like its going to rain. DAMMIT!!!!