autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Net Shield over Cquartz?

Sonax designed pns to go over the coating they have in Europe . I have talked to them and you can put it on coatings. You can put anything over coatings as long as you realize you will be looking at the characteristics of the top coat. I have ammo skin over c quartz finest with no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by top189h View Post
    I just did my first coating and it was uk 2014 edition. I will never use a wax on my own cars again. It looks as good as anything I've ever used and almost all of the dirt literally rinses off.
    How is the CQUK "2014 Edition" differentiated from any previous CQUK Editions?

Does the "2014 Edition's"-label reflect the changes in the formula's ingredients---and their newest %s?
    -SiO2......70% (total)
    -Fluorine...5% (more)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

ANSWER: To Why?
    I guess we can't leave our cars alone, and like to wax to cover the already shiny coating (ceramic, glass, whatever). With any quality coating then we know what is going to happen a few weeks or months after, the wax is going to wash off (well it is just going to slide off).

I hate ceramic/glass coatings, all you have to do is wash and dry, that is no fun at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is hilarious....best chuckle I've had all day. Comedians all.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    ^^^I now see why you probably have the above inclinations...^^^

From this thread:
    Has anyone topped Sonax PNS with a wax?

IMHO:
    Now is as good as time as any, to try to convince me that your decisions regarding:
    "topping/layering" Coatings...weren't already
    pre-determined.

Bob

Not sure what your getting at, but those are two different threads, that one i commented on after i made this one... no link between..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Sonax designed pns to go over the coating they have in Europe . I have talked to them and you can put it on coatings. You can put anything over coatings as long as you realize you will be looking at the characteristics of the top coat. I have ammo skin over c quartz finest with no problems.
    Thats what I figured and was kinda the whole thing I was going for in this thread. Thanks for the reply..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Yea I know, right, cant just ask a simple question here.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope this included me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessive Detail View Post
    Yea I know, right, cant just ask a simple question here.
    Yea...
    If the analogy holds true...
    Then the below is simply hilarious as well:
    First of all, go to the thread about Duragloss coating and see what happens to a coating when you top it. No point in apply a coating if your thinking is stuck in conventional gear. You wash it and forget it. If you're a wax or topping junky, you're thinking in the past and wasting your time and money on any coating.

Having said that, I've tried two coatings and would never touch my car with anything else at this point. The car practically washes itself when it rains or driving in rain. It sheds dust and water like crazy.

However these advantages are realized only when you leave the coating alone! That's been my experience. Most can't resist the conventional thinking process. Washing and drying time are cut in half for me. I even took it through touchless car washes all winter long and the car still looks like I just detailed it.

Reload seems to be an effective topping if you simply can't leave the coating alone however its an additional step and expense but few here don't concern themselves with that. The average car owner would probably appreciate a coating more.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to say this is fact...it's something I read. An individual said he did a lot of research on Net Shield because there wasn't much information available. He claimed what he found out was Net Shield was designed to go over toppings to eliminate water spotting issues that occur with some coatings.
    I use EXO and love it. I haven't noticed any water spotting issues with that but I have it on a garage queen that is washed quite often.

Post Thanks / Like

On the other side of the coin. I just bought CG Citrus clear shampoo because I believe that if you do put something on top of a coating, whether it's wax or gloss enhancers in shampoo or something else I believe that the surface is going to take on the properties of the last item put on. So water beading, sheeting, shine, slickness will all be the last product put on...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast