autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which pressure washer?

i bought my karcher from costco but lost receipt. its been like 10 or 11 months can i still exchange for another one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_335i View Post
    i bought my karcher from costco but lost receipt. its been like 10 or 11 months can i still exchange for another one?
    So long as it was under your membership they should be able to pull up the purchase in their system without receipt. I've done it more than once.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdestroyer View Post
    Most pros here use Karchers or AR's not specifically designed for commercial use because they are easily portable and not loud enough to wake people up on early morning jobs not to mention low cost and easy to replace free of cost at costco. Having to replace something every year or so free of charge doesn't seem bad to me at all.

Which low gpm electric PWs do you know of in the commercial market which are sold with a warrenty like costco provides?
    Define low GPM for me. I'm not sure what you guys are used to using. For the applications I'm familiar with, anything less than 8GPM is low...but seems like it might be a bit excessive for cars. Help me understand.

If you're ok with taking something back once a year and replacing it, then so be it. I'd rather shell out a bit of money and have it run for 5-7 years daily before it crapping out.

Post Thanks / Like

1.3-1.6 GPM is low GPM. With electric pressure washers I see them as low cost replacable items that will break. It's better to be able to return something for free replacement 5 times in 5 years than to pay more have it break in 5 years and not be able to return it for replacement. If it were something like an extractor where the lower end stuff doesn't do what I want or I needed to blast driveways and decks I'd present a different view.

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend the Nothern Tool Honda GC160 with the comet bxd2672 pump over the electric costco brand because it has more pressure, runs on gas, and Northern's Warranty is as good as anyones.
    PCB Reflections LLC
    Specializing in Corrections and Protection
    Servicing Greenville SC & Surrounding Areas

Post Thanks / Like

Just purchased a generic one wash 6413 from lowes 2100-3100 adjustable psi @ 2.8 gpm. It has great reviews. Looking forward to getting it in the mail this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to chime in on this:
    I have an AR electric and a Honda/Cat gas. Love both of them in the right application. For instance, I wash out of my carport so as long as the car goes in carport it gets the AR. I tried to add a 50' 12guage extension cord to increase my reach but it wasn't having it.
    The Honda can do anything around the house, it will make the ATV look like it's never seen dirt/mud and my Pops has a class A motorhome so I use the Honda on that too. I use a foam cannon so running the gas without water cooling the pump isn't an issue. It only idles for about 30 seconds while I change tips out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdestroyer View Post
    1.3-1.6 GPM is low GPM. With electric pressure washers I see them as low cost replacable items that will break. It's better to be able to return something for free replacement 5 times in 5 years than to pay more have it break in 5 years and not be able to return it for replacement. If it were something like an extractor where the lower end stuff doesn't do what I want or I needed to blast driveways and decks I'd present a different view.
    No, I get it. What kind of cheddar are you talking about for these low-flow machines, and what sort of psi? Do you use the normal wand that comes with it, or are there tips designed for this particular application?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Kranzle and I'm happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting the karcher g3050 which has 3000 psi. Will this damage the paint?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast