autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle vs. Blackfire Waterless Wash

Looking at the dilution amounts for concentrated waterless wash offerings I am shocked at the differences between Pinnacle (1:32) and Blackfire (1:4). While BF costs $5 less or 1/2 gallon, Pinnacle will produce significantly more usable product.

I am running low on my Pinnacle wash I got on BOGO a few weeks ago and am trying to decide which I want to order. I tried the more popular options on the forum (UWW and OQW) but I like the Pinnacle product more. Given what seems to be a much pricier option, has anyone used both and strongly preferred the BF over Pinnacle?

I know I have used both Souveran and BF Midnight Sun as my waxes in general where both seem amazing (BFMS being less expensive) so not sure if there is any advantage from one product over the other here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used both. I use a lot of waterless wash. Both are quite good, but the $ makes it a no brainer: Pinnacle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I have used both. I use a lot of waterless wash. Both are quite good, but the $ makes it a no brainer: Pinnacle.
    Thanks! I see so many who advocate keeping products in the system so just trying to think if 1.) it does matter: 2.) in being frugal am I costing myself benefits. Sounds like both are good. If money was equal, would you still go with Pinnacle over BF?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LaFawnduh View Post
    Thanks! I see so many who advocate keeping products in the system so just trying to think if 1.) it does matter: 2.) in being frugal am I costing myself benefits. Sounds like both are good. If money was equal, would you still go with Pinnacle over BF?
    The whole "keeping products in the system" is marketing hype. I don't buy into. Yes in some situation you need to use a specific bonding agent/ coating primer prior to applying a certain LSP. Choose your product based on results and value not the perceived "synergy".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LaFawnduh View Post

I don't think it matters here much. BF may have some of their signature "tri-polymers" in it, but the Pinnacle has 'nuba in it - which BF wax has as well. So, in reality it works fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle vs. Blackfire Waterless Wash

Quote Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
    The whole "keeping products in the system" is marketing hype. I don't buy into. Yes in some situation you need to use a specific bonding agent/ coating primer prior to applying a certain LSP. Choose your product based on results and value not the perceived "synergy".
    I disagree, it is not all marketing hype. Rupes is just one simple example of how keeping it in the system is beneficial. Most products are produced to work together. Is there marketing hype involved in some products, yes. But to say its all marketing hype, I respectfully disagree.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another victim of marketing hype

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
    Another victim of marketing hype
    All of America is, it's the point of producing products and selling them.

To the OP go with Pinnacle if those are your two options, love the stuff. Great rinseless in the Pinnacle line too.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle vs. Blackfire Waterless Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercraft241 View Post
    I disagree, it is not all marketing hype. Rupes is just one simple example of how keeping it in the system is beneficial. Most products are produced to work together. Is there marketing hype involved in some products, yes. But to say its all marketing hype, I respectfully disagree.
    '03 Corvette Z06