autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is an IPA wipe down necessary/recommended after Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0?

Boy is this stuff a joy to use! I've completed step 1 - Wolfgang Uber Compound with a Cyclo Pro 5 and orange MF pads and am nearing completion with Finishing Glaze 3.0 with white
    foam pads on the same Cyclo. It looks incredible! My question is whether or not I should do an IPA wipe down after I complete the Finishing Glaze step? I'll be using Adams Liquid Sealant (new version) as my LSP if that matters.
    2009 Acura TSX 6MT - Crystal Black Pearl/Ebony Leather

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is an IPA wipe down necessary/recommended after Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Cammyfive View Post
    Boy is this stuff a joy to use! I've completed step 1 - Wolfgang Uber Compound with a Cyclo Pro 5 and orange MF pads and am nearing completion with Finishing Glaze 3.0 with white
    foam pads on the same Cyclo. It looks incredible! My question is whether or not I should do an IPA wipe down after I complete the Finishing Glaze step? I'll be using Adams Liquid Sealant (new version) as my LSP if that matters.
    I think you do know the answer, but just need confirmation. The best adherence of your LSP will be on a virgin "oil free" paintwork, so it is in your best interest to remove the polishing oils and other contaminants to offer the best possible substrate. If you don't then your LSP won't bond properly or uniformly and may prematurely fail

Actually, if memory serves me, it is a water based product so you may be able to get away with just a "wet" wipe down

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is an IPA wipe down necessary/recommended after Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    I think you do know the answer, but just need confirmation. The best adherence of your LSP will be on a virgin "oil free" paintwork, so it is in your best interest to remove the polishing oils and other contaminants to offer the best possible substrate. If you don't then your LSP won't bond properly or uniformly and may prematurely fail

Actually, if memory serves me, it is a water based product so you may be able to get away with just a "wet" wipe down

Thanks! That's what I assumed but wasn't 100% on.
    2009 Acura TSX 6MT - Crystal Black Pearl/Ebony Leather

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had great results with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

If you are following WGFG w/ WGDGPS, you can skip the IPA or CarPro Eraser wipe down.

I have black paint, so "IPA Wipe Down" are scary words.

CarPro Eraser seems to "drag" less than IPA for me and gives some small reassurance that it I am not introducing marring during the process.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been under the impression that you should not wax or seal at all after using a glaze.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07gtcs View Post
    I've been under the impression that you should not wax or seal at all after using a glaze.
    This product is not a glaze but more of a microabrasive finish polish.

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 16 oz.

Step #5: Always apply a wax or sealant after compounding or polishing. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 seals in the shine with its long-lasting polymer formula. Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax is a blend of carnauba wax and polymers that offers supreme protection with a traditional paste wax feel.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    I have black paint, so "IPA Wipe Down" are scary words.
    Why is that?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono View Post
    Why is that?
    IPA provides no lubrication between the towel and the paint.

Sometimes on soft paint you get towel induced marring.

Black paint makes it more evident to the naked eye.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07gtcs View Post
    Depends on the type of glaze and what you are putting on top of it.

Lots on the Forum have had success with Chemical Guys EZ Crème and others, topped with a variety of different waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

If you were sticking with the same faily I would not bother. You could try a test spot to see if the IPA is needed or not. I used Adam's new sealant on my white 02 camaro and I didn't do an IPA after using M205. Even on the black painted area's I did not use IPA. I don't daily drive the car so it should be ok. The good thing about the new Adam's sealant is the it does not take long for it to set and be removed. Similar to meguiar's ultimate wax.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast