autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Car outside over night

I'm getting ready to take my mini to drive the trail of the dragoon. It is always in the garage at night. Can some one help me with what I should do in the mornings on the trip with it being outside with all the morning dew to keep it looking good. I'm kinda OCD about trying to keep it looking good. I just don't know what to take to do that on the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car outside over night

Ouch!! If there is dew and dust below it, it is now dirt!! No QD or Spray wax, that will scratch your paint. I would just leave it the way it is and enjoy the Tail of the Dragon! Your ride will probably still look clean even with dew on it. And the way I figure it will still look cleaner than most cars out there.

That would be just me do not touch it. When the rides over then of course wash it! That is my $.02 cents worth!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Kamakaz1961 just leave the dew/dirt on the paint until you get back home it will be hard to cope with but at least you wont be scratching the paint

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with those saying wait. Not only is there dirt and dew from the overnight stay, but you've probably accumulated some road grime on the drive down. The car will get even dirtier while hitting the dragon and the drive home. Probably collect some bugs too.

I don't know about NC this time of year, but in my area the pollen right now is insane. My freshly detailed car was covered in less than 8 hours and needed another wash. Add that pollen to the road grime you've probably built up and there is no way I'd waterless or QD the car.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Take the same stuff...you use during your non-vacation times, and between the vehicle's car wash sessions...to remove the occasional bird bombs, bugs that accumulate on the front clip, outside rear-view mirror housings, and windshield.

That's our plan...when we do The Dragon in June.

But:
    Depending on the availability of a facility with a hose/wand:
    The Mini should have enough room to take along a few other cleaning supplies if you so desire.

Enjoy your time on The Dragon...while away from the daily drudgery.

Don't forget

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I keep a tiny sample size bottle of a waterless wash and a microfiber or two in the glove box for bird bombs or bugs or whatever else I may find on the car when I come out to it.

When I take trips with the car I throw the whole spray bottle of waterless wash and a handful of microfibers in one of trunks so I can quickly clean it when needed. The car won't get filthy overnight or in just a few days so minimal maintenance is needed when you keep your car clean.