autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DA polisher on interior carpets?

Hi guys. I have a interior detailing job possibly coming up for a friend. All my detailing experience is exterior with a DA etc. So I am wondering how would be best to clean carpets and seats. In particular can I use my DA on the fabric and carpets with the appropriate brushes/pads? I do not own a steamer but wondered if the DA would be quicker and more effective than scrubbing by hand??

Also what carpet/fabric cleaner detergent would you advise? And if there are suitable pads/brushes for a DA to be used on the interior what would you recommend?

Thanks!!
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    I have zero experience with doing it although Ive read that the cyclo carpet brushes can hook up to a regular DA with good results.

Personally though if you plan on doing more interior in the future I'd look into a dedicated carpet cleaner. A lot of people stand behind a steamer I however like carpet cleaners. I recently bought a bissle spot clean pro and it gave me perfect results with very little effort and no scrubbing. Here's a picture of a test spot I did. Also it removed chocolate from my seat that had been there forever and nothing would get it out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DA polisher on interior carpets?-uploadfromtaptalk1397025004288-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DA polisher on interior carpets?

You can absolutely use a DA or even a drill given that you have the proper attachments and take care with the cleaning. As soon as you add power the potential for damage goes up.

With a heavy staining youre either looking at extraction (easiest but initial investment) or a heavy brush and shampoo. If youre worried about it then just use a hand brush made for carpets and give the shampoo plenty of time to dwell. Steam works well for interiors but on something with heavy staining it would take too long. Remember to dab and pull instead of wipe and scrub once youre at the towel step.

Lake Country 4 Inch Yellow Carpet Scrubbing Pad, carpet cleaning pad

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Use a 5 inch carpet brush on my pcxp all the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

yes.. brush attachment much easier

Post Thanks / Like

I have the cyclo brushes, I use them on my HF unit:

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by MJT View Post
    Hi guys. I have a interior detailing job possibly coming up for a friend. All my detailing experience is exterior with a DA etc. So I am wondering how would be best to clean carpets and seats. In particular can I use my DA on the fabric and carpets with the appropriate brushes/pads? I do not own a steamer but wondered if the DA would be quicker and more effective than scrubbing by hand??

Also what carpet/fabric cleaner detergent would you advise? And if there are suitable pads/brushes for a DA to be used on the interior what would you recommend?

Thanks!!
    Mark

I show machine cleaning both interiors and tires in all my detailing boot camp classes using Cyclo brushes on the Porter Cable.

Machine Scrubbing...

Machine scrubbing seats...

For the most part, machines are the way to go for scrubbing versus working by hand.

In Argentina I was able to use a brush on a Flex 3401 to show how to machine scrub seats...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike, how do you get the tires nice and frothy with a machine? I tried using tuff coat tire clean and white brush and it cleaned ok, but no foam or froth? Do you spray the tire with cleaner then add water somehow?

Post Thanks / Like

What speed are you guys using on your DA's when cleaning the carpet? I'm asking this with regard to product sling and maximum scrubbing power without doing any damage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast