autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2171111112113114115116117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1230
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coated my tires today and WOW,

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I am wondering if any of you guys tried Duplicor Tire Paint yet? Scott from Dallas Paint Correction presented this product in one of his recent videos and I think it might be a good option if you can apply it before mounting the tire to the rim. Once it's on the rim I think it's too much trouble to protect the rim and remove the wheel to prevent overpray on the car. But if you can do it before hand, it would probably outlast even the best coatings. What do you guys think?
    I skimmed through the video when it posted a week or 2 ago. I wasn’t impressed. It looked exactly like what you’d expect something that came out of a spray can to look like. Cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

I am wondering if any of you guys tried Duplicor Tire Paint yet? Scott from Dallas Paint Correction presented this product in one of his recent videos and I think it might be a good option if you can apply it before mounting the tire to the rim. Once it's on the rim I think it's too much trouble to protect the rim and remove the wheel to prevent overpray on the car. But if you can do it before hand, it would probably outlast even the best coatings. What do you guys think?
    Imo that's for old and abused tires not for new off rim tires...even so I can't imagine this product holding up to chemicals or weekly cleanings..tire paint will be 86'd soon

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Coated my tires today and WOW,

Often times he makes vids on some real crappy products. It’s obvious he runs out of material and just throws something against the wall for the automatic views. That super cheapo soap dispensing nozzle that looked like it came from HF comes to mind... Thing looked like it would last maybe 2 washes tops before it either broke or you chucked it. Lol.

I’ll always remember what he told Jimbo during their 1 on 1 interview... He said “I haaate making the vids” Yet on every vid he says “I love you all” lmao. Yeaaa right.Coated my tires today and WOW, When you love someone you don’t force yourself to say it everyday the same way. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Often times he makes vids on some real crappy products. It’s obvious he runs out of material and just throws something against the wall for the automatic views. That super cheapo soap dispensing nozzle that looked like it came from HF comes to mind... Thing looked like it would last maybe 2 washes tops before it either broke or you chucked it. Lol.

I’ll always remember what he told Jimbo during their 1 on 1 interview... He said “I haaate making the vids” Yet on every vid he says “I love you all” lmao. Yeaaa right.Coated my tires today and WOW, When you love someone you don’t force yourself to say it everyday the same way. Lol.
    Well coming up with new interesting content every day must be insanelly hard. I don't think I could do it. As for hating making videos, I can relate. I am an introvert and it's torture to me. I have planned to make a series of videos for my website for 3 years and I have like 3 done out of 30. I believe he mentioned hating to be on camera a while ago. Kudos to him to be able to do it anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

Well coming up with new interesting content every day must be insanelly hard. I don't think I could do it. As for hating making videos, I can relate. I am an introvert and it's torture to me. I have planned to make a series of videos for my website for 3 years and I have like 3 done out of 30. I believe he mentioned hating to be on camera a while ago. Kudos to him to be able to do it anyways.
    My point is he don’t hate that money. Money motivates us all and motivates alot of actions no doubt, but theres a thin line especially when someone’s pushing products etc. fine line between who the person used to be and who they eventually become. Not saying anything specifically about him. I’m just sayin...

Especially when it comes to youtube.

6. Likes Breese147 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    My point is he don’t hate that money. Money motivates us all and motivates alot of actions no doubt, but theres a thin line especially when someone’s pushing products etc. fine line between who the person used to be and who they eventually become. Not saying anything specifically about him. I’m just sayin...

Especially when it comes to youtube.
    In life too once something you pursued has become something of hate you have to change it up or else you risk spreading that hate to the community around you.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

8. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I haven’t used the TW but have used both versions of McKee’s. Looks pretty good and lasts about 4-6 months. Black Pearl on the other hand looks amazing and has lasted over a year on many different vehicles. The tire cleaners I use are McKee’s and Omni Clean. Typically try to stay synergistic when coating tires.
    Thank you for the answer !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I haven’t used the TW but have used both versions of McKee’s. Looks pretty good and lasts about 4-6 months. Black Pearl on the other hand looks amazing and has lasted over a year on many different vehicles. The tire cleaners I use are McKee’s and Omni Clean. Typically try to stay synergistic when coating tires.
    Thanks for your feedback. I have had the new version of McKee's go for 1 year before I reapplied it. Definitely outperforms TW and looks better. Just goes to show that durability is going to vary for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    All of these tire coating manufacturers need to provide a product or method to remove their coating and share that with the users! And I don't consider using a wire brush a good answer.
    I have a write up on how to remove a fresh layer of DP/McKee's tire coating based on information that Nick provided to me. It is either on this forum or on Autopia. Months old coating can be removed with a good tire cleaner and brush.

Quote Originally Posted by ge0rge View Post
    Endura Shine comes off with many wheel and tire cleaners. Yes it takes 3 or more coats followed with agitation by a tire brush (never wire), but it does remove it. I remove the old coatings every Spring for a fresh look.
    I have been able to remove TW with a tuff shine tire brush and either mckee's tire & rubber rejuvenator or tuff shine tire cleaner with relative ease.

Post Thanks / Like

Those Black Pearl coatings look interesting. Looks like a legit contender to SF on trim. Does anyone spray it through a gun for tires? Not much detail about how to go about it on their website. Are you using a HPLV spray gun or an airbrush? I see a photo of both.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Those Black Pearl coatings look interesting. Looks like a legit contender to SF on trim. Does anyone spray it through a gun for tires? Not much detail about how to go about it on their website. Are you using a HPLV spray gun or an airbrush? I see a photo of both.
    I've used Black Pearl with a standard applicator sponge w/o an issue but if it's a brand new applicator your going to want to take the tip of the bottle and push the product into the applicator a bit because you don't want it running off, the stuff is expensive and might stain your clothes or shoes if it drops on them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2171111112113114115116117118119120121122123 LastLast