autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coated my tires today and WOW,

Quote Originally Posted by jem7sk View Post
    Stopped by Advanced Auto this morning and got this kit on sale for $11.99. The guy at the counter ask me if I had used it or heard of it.
    Dagnabit! I found it at walmart for a dollar less

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    I searched on Youtube for it, I could not find one video, I'll change that soon unless someone beats me to it
    Someone needs to load one so others can see for themselves what the fuss is all about.

yeah take all your new camera gear for a spin...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionDetail View Post
    How are you guys applying it without smearing?

I put like PLENTY of product on the sponge, spread it on the tire, by the time i got half the tire done, it is like all DRY and when i try get the other half coated, it would smear??
    The first time I used it I did not go around the tire in one motion. So the dry applicator rubbed on the coating which caused the smearing. The second time I used it, I loaded the applicator with enough product (about 4-5 lines) to cover the entire tire in one circular motion. This worked better for me this time. How big of a tire are you applying this too? The tires I have used it on are 245/45-18's.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    It looks smeared to me when I apply it but you just walk away after getting the tire covered come back and it looks good. It's weird like that. It has some weird transformation that happens during the ten minute period between coats, I didn't watch to see what happens but came back and it looked good. I just spread it all over the tire and walked away.
    I noticed this too. The second time worked much better and it looked just right after letting it dry.

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionDetail View Post
    Weird...
    I put a lot of product on the applicator and it keeps drying before I could finish 1 entire tire

It looked to me like it was smearing.
    So I was like screw this lol
    I am not sure how big of a tire you are working on. It is possible that you may have to break up your tire in half and apply product to one half then the other.

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    yeah take all your new camera gear for a spin...
    Looking forward to the video.

Post Thanks / Like

I initially tried to coat the entire tire as I worked around it. I learned real fast that its easier to make the sponge wet, then swipe around the tire rather quickly. I the cam back and got the sections needing done. It smeared and streaked, but after coat 3 it evened out. I think you are expecting to much out of this at first. It takes time to get used to the method. It will work out in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

I am at the 2 week mark yesterday, it's funny because I thought the shine was falling off towards the bead of the tire, but I touched it with my finger and it was just dust dirt and pollen. I grabbed my UWW+ and a MF and cleaned the tires. Still a great shine. So far it has seen 1 small snow, a couple rains, two auto car washes, two weeks of driving.

I did my wife's tires last weekend, they are firestones and lower profile than mine. I can see then between the two about how long this stuff will last

Once you have this stuff you almost want to ask other people you know to test it on their tires lol. It's one of the most unbelievable products I have used, did not think it would be what it is so far, sure two weeks isn't anything but through rains and car washes most tire products are pretty flat or wiped out.

Thanks for the threads regarding this product Kevin, nice to see a good source talk about stuff that may or may not be expensive and boutique but still gives good results.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been three weeks now since I coated them, after I did a rinse-less wash on them the shine was back, look very nice.
    This stuff sure is holding up nicely compared to any other dressing I ever used and for a low price.
    Doesn't get any better than that folks

You gotta try it
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    It's been three weeks now since I coated them, after I did a rinse-less wash on them the shine was back, look very nice.
    This stuff sure is holding up nicely compared to any other dressing I ever used and for a low price.
    Doesn't get any better than that folks

You gotta try it
    How much of the product did you use?

I guess what I want to know is how many cars can you do with the kit? Could be nice to add to my arsenal but not at 12$ per car unless I am sure it will last a very very long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Had to go to Canadian Tire today to pick up an angle grinder so I took the time to have a look at Turtle Wax Tire Coating.

Here in Canada it sells for 19,99$ gotta hate the price difference!

The box did not list the active ingrediants but it does say it lasts 5 times longer than a sillicone product. It also claims it will last up to a year on the tires.

So my question is this: If it's not sillicone, and it's clearly not waterbased, what is it? It is solvent based? And does it contain that nasty product Larry was talking about in his tire products video?

Does anyone know?

Because if it doesn't contain anything nasty, 1 year protection is a great thing and I would love to use this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    How much of the product did you use?

I guess what I want to know is how many cars can you do with the kit? Could be nice to add to my arsenal but not at 12$ per car unless I am sure it will last a very very long time.
    I applied 6 coats and still half of the bottle s full.
    A little can do many tires.
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Calendyr;1091207]Had to go to Canadian Tire today to pick up an angle grinder so I took the time to have a look at Turtle Wax Tire Coating.

Here in Canada it sells for 19,99$ gotta hate the price difference!

The box did not list the active ingrediants but it does say it lasts 5 times longer than a sillicone product. It also claims it will last up to a year on the tires.

So my question is this: If it's not sillicone, and it's clearly not waterbased, what is it? It is solvent based? And does it contain that nasty product Larry was talking about in his tire products video?

Does anyone know?

It's acrylic based and has black dye.
    Like I said going on three weeks now and looks like the day I applied it.
    Still going strong

A friend of mine bought the Tuf Shine last year, she bought the Turtle Wax Kit and said it looks much better and is lasting for her.

I saw pictures using the two, hands down the TW brand wins and for much less money.
    Dries to the touch in minutes so by the time you do all four tires you can start with the second coat and so on.

I'll be trying it using a cheap MF towel and apply it to my fender wells.
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Page 9 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast