autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to be trying this very soon!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coated my tires today and WOW,

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Ok well I got the kit an do put it on my Goodyear tires yesterday. I don't normally buy tire cleaners this kit came with one and it worked so so. My tires had the DP gel on them and that has been lasting greatly for me even through rain I would just top it off about every other car wash for more shine there was not a browning issue that I had or anything I just like a little more shine.

The tire cleaner seemed to have a tougher time taking the DP off but I got most of it off. I was thinking like the average customer that will buy this at the parts store or wherever is they are gonna follow the directions spray the tire and think its clean after one pass. I made two just for the heck of it and used a brush. Like I said clean enough.

On to the coating as they call it. Put some gloves on grabbed a towel for any rim touching not that you could probably tell because my wheels are black plasti dip color. This stuff is thin, looked black to me you pour it on to the provided applicator and supposed to make a thin single pass around the tire coat.

Initial thoughts of putting it on is that this is gonna look like crap but I just did what they wanted tried to at least get it on the tire everywhere and then walked away for 10 or so mins as directed before the second coat, at this time it looks streaky and no shiny at all IMO. So the post above about it looking like that is dead on but NO worries.

I came back in the 10 or so minutes and the tires looked really good. Like the stuff transformed while I was away to a different product. So I put my gloves back on and put another coat on. Kevin said six didn't do anything so I was just gonna do two and see how it lasts. The second coat looks very good as we'll I am happy with the look. I went back later with a white towel and touched the tire and it wasn't dirty, so that is nice my tires are usually dirty when I do that with the DP or Mothers FX or whatever I have at the time. Also dry to the finger touch too.

All in all so far so good only time will tell but if it's a few weeks and the look stays the same it would be impressive. The price is reasonable I am sure I could coat the tires many many times more wonder if it would ever be available without the cleaner.

Thanks for the recommendation Kevin.

Glad you like it

IMO you could just clean them using a rinse-less wash then apply another coat or two as long as the tires are clean you shouldn't have any issues.
    I did clean my coated tires using a RW and was surprised that the towel remained clean, really clean, as of today they still look amazing, no signs of it wearing off , I'll keep you guys informed, it's been two weeks now, so far so good

Kevin

cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Curious question, did you purchase this online or thru a local store? I haven't seen it in any local stores around town here yet, just the older T10 spray which i have read is not so great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buddee View Post
    Curious question, did you purchase this online or thru a local store? I haven't seen it in any local stores around town here yet, just the older T10 spray which i have read is not so great.
    I bought it at autozone. Oreilly also has it.

Post Thanks / Like

seems like the reviews will be pouring in. (great) I actually want to try this dressing too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buddee View Post
    You should be able to find it around the ArmorAll and Simoniz displays at your local auto-parts stores.

If it's not there yet:
    Ask one of the stores' friendly associates if they would be
    so kind to order it for you.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like
    Advance auto parts it's on sale 11.99

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Advance auto parts it's on sale 11.99
    Yes that's where I found it but not near the armor all, more towards the Meguiar's section. I will buy to more kits, I want to use it on a gib detail for a customer, they will love it so much and I could do a few sets of tires with one kit.
    Another nice detail added to my packages.
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Mine were looking pretty bad after the last rain, but I hosed them off ad they look really good. Could not clean the FX this weekend, still recovering from my in/out procedure Friday.

Page 6 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast