autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coated my tires today and WOW,

Ordered the WS80's today from my buddy @ Discount Tire. $50.00 rebate when using my CarCare One card, which I always do anyways, better to use someone elses money than your own:thumbup:

Once I get them on I'll be cleaning them real good and coating them real good, probably going to go with 3x's this time around since they're so new. I just bought some Wesley's Bleache-White too, oldie but a goodie!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ordered the WS80's today from my buddy @ Discount Tire. $50.00 rebate when using my CarCare One card, which I always do anyways, better to use someone elses money than your own:thumbup:

Once I get them on I'll be cleaning them real good and coating them real good, probably going to go with 3x's this time around since they're so new. I just bought some Wesley's Bleache-White too, oldie but a goodie!

check out youtube for a vid of the new WBleache White and see if you have same results.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-3pTVbgE-g

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this has been asked in this thread previously?

I wonder, after using a coating such as TW Endura (or Tuffshine) can one just apply 1-2 coats, then come along with another water based dressing to top, and also use such dressings perhaps to maintain some weeks down the road?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post

I wonder, after using a coating such as TW Endura (or Tuffshine) can one just apply 1-2 coats, then come along with another water based dressing to top, and also use such dressings perhaps to maintain some weeks down the road?
    Mark
    I wonder how another water-based Tire Dressing would even adhere to a Tire Coating?
    Could it be:
    If it's "strong enough" to stick to it...
    it'll be "strong enough" to displace it?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    I wonder how another water-based Tire Dressing would even adhere to a Tire Coating?
    Could it be:
    If it's "strong enough" to stick to it...
    it'll be "strong enough" to displace it?

Bob
    Not sure of that, since some have commented that some regular APCs do not easily remove the coating. Unless there's some cleaner products within some of the water based dressings?

I would guess that if one sees black dye upon a dressing application, that there would be the answer to that question.

But as you say, strong enough to stick to it, or bond without coming off with the next wash, or rain?

Reckon there's one way to find out?

Post Thanks / Like

Mark

Why would you do that? A dressing would just attract dirt whereas a coating will prevent stuff from sticking to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KB in MD View Post
    check out youtube for a vid of the new WBleache White and see if you have same results.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-3pTVbgE-g
    Thanks for the vid, I had no idea they were bought out! I will check my bottle when I get home for sure:sly:

As far as the "test", well, not sure how much time really went by but you've gotta scrub the tires shortly after spraying them down, it does dry up fast. Also when you rinse down a brush its damp, thus making it sud up a bit more.

I have also used Purple Power in the past and now have Super Clean, mixed @ 1:1 ratio. I'll be doing a Jeep this weekend, looks like I'll have to see what's what with my tire and APC

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I would guess that if one sees black dye upon a dressing application, that there would be the answer to that question.
    That may not always be the correct "testing method".

TO WIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nice addition to the DP line.

Meghan what color is the coating? The reason I ask is because some tire coatings are black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Milky white.
    Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    Why would you do that? A dressing would just attract dirt whereas a coating will prevent stuff from sticking to it.
    Usually, most water based dressings-protectants like Optibond, PERL, etc dry to the touch. Cannot say if these would be greater dirt attractants than the coating, and I reckon there's one way of finding out?

The dusty climate which I have here would sure be a good test lab to find out one way or another.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually, most water based dressings-protectants like Optibond, PERL, etc dry to the touch. Cannot say if these would be greater dirt attractants than the coating, and I reckon there's one way of finding out?

The dusty climate which I have here would sure be a good test lab to find out one way or another.

It's kind of like the whole waxing a coated car thing. Let the coating do it's thing. If you enjoy dressing your tires just dress them with a water based dressing and don't coat them.

Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast