autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 123 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the early going of this thread you read how much work it was to remove, so imagine how long it will last during drives in the rain and carwashes!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coated my tires today and WOW,

So I THINK this coating from TW is pretty new.
    I just realized that it is advertised in the Advance auto parts flyer for this month.

There is a leather / trim / tire coating from TW....

I guess i might pick up the trim and tire to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I had a chance to use it. It worked out pretty good. I ended up doing 2 coats.

I used everything that was provided in the kit. The kit includes tire cleaner, tire coating, tire applicator and 2 gloves. My tires were previously wearing a mothers tire dressing. The turtle wax tire cleaner did a good job removing that tire dressing. I compared it to D143 that I have at 3:1. D143 still worked better. The applicator is a foam. The actual coating is black in color. It is a very thin liquid. It pours out of the bottle really quick. It also dries pretty quik to the touch. I applied 2 coats and waited the recommended 10 min between coats. The directions clearly state that adding more coats adds more shine. I did notice that it will leave streaks if it is not applied evenly.

It does not rain here in Southern California so it will not see rain but just routine washing. I will probably get more durability than someplace where it rains more often. I will post back on how durability is since this is my daily driver.

Overall it seems like a good product from Turtle Wax.

Here are a few photos.

Previous tire dressing removed

First coat

Second coat. This actually gave a nice shine that most would probably like.

Streaks left due to not being applied evenly.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks really nice actually.

Tuf shine also streaks when not applied evenly.
    Or if applicator is dry and you rubbed the tire

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Well I had a chance to use it. It worked out pretty good. I ended up doing 2 coats.

I used everything that was provided in the kit. The kit includes tire cleaner, tire coating, tire applicator and 2 gloves. My tires were previously wearing a mothers tire dressing. The turtle wax tire cleaner did a good job removing that tire dressing. I compared it to D143 that I have at 3:1. D143 still worked better. The applicator is a foam. The actual coating is black in color. It is a very thin liquid. It pours out of the bottle really quick. It also dries pretty quik to the touch. I applied 2 coats and waited the recommended 10 min between coats. The directions clearly state that adding more coats adds more shine. I did notice that it will leave streaks if it is not applied evenly.

It does not rain here in Southern California so it will not see rain but just routine washing. I will probably get more durability than someplace where it rains more often. I will post back on how durability is since this is my daily driver.

Here are a few photos.

Previous tire dressing removed

First coat

Second coat. This actually gave a nice shine that most would probably like.

Streaks left due to not being applied evenly.
    It does look good actually, hopefully and maybe I can see it in person at the next Meguiar's event that we both attend.

hmm.. I might go pick some up... (we'll see who wants or lets me try it out, in my family ) I'm happy with Ultima Tire and Trim on my car for now lol

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=The Guz;1077698]Well I had a chance to use it. It worked out pretty good. I ended up doing 2 coats.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's important to go all the way around the tire in one pass, don't stop half way , go all the way around and go, the first cost is the most important it states.
    I applied all of my coats thin and no streaks:

Now I wait and see the durability but for me if I get two months out of it I'll be happy, no dressing I know of last two weeks much less two months.
    My tires sure do look good

I took a spray bottle filled with water to see how good it beads,if any.
    The beading was amazing, I liked that

Seems like a big hit by Turtle Wax.
    I love it along with their rinse-less wash and wax.

Maybe they will continue to come out with good products, they sure saved me a lot of money on the tire coating.
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Now I know for next time. The streaks were on the second coat. I probably did not have enogh product on the applicator. Plus I was going rather fast as I was having company over. But eh it's my daily driver so it's not a big deal and I wanted to give it a try. Overall it looks good even a day after the initial application.

Post Thanks / Like

Looked at mine today and they look like the first day I applied the coating which was Saturday, I think.
    I just love the look of my tires, like I said this is the best they ever looked even after trying good products.
    One thing is certain , once dry it will not sling or wear off even after a 100 mile ride my wife took.

If I still like it in a month I'll offer it to my customers, they'll love it
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying this product right now.
    And i can't seem to get a even finish.
    It keeps drying and smearing before i can cover the entire tire

It dries almost instantly.....

Well now i know that D143 melts this tire coating right off like it is nothing lol

Post Thanks / Like

Ok well I got the kit an do put it on my Goodyear tires yesterday. I don't normally buy tire cleaners this kit came with one and it worked so so. My tires had the DP gel on them and that has been lasting greatly for me even through rain I would just top it off about every other car wash for more shine there was not a browning issue that I had or anything I just like a little more shine.

The tire cleaner seemed to have a tougher time taking the DP off but I got most of it off. I was thinking like the average customer that will buy this at the parts store or wherever is they are gonna follow the directions spray the tire and think its clean after one pass. I made two just for the heck of it and used a brush. Like I said clean enough.

On to the coating as they call it. Put some gloves on grabbed a towel for any rim touching not that you could probably tell because my wheels are black plasti dip color. This stuff is thin, looked black to me you pour it on to the provided applicator and supposed to make a thin single pass around the tire coat.

Initial thoughts of putting it on is that this is gonna look like crap but I just did what they wanted tried to at least get it on the tire everywhere and then walked away for 10 or so mins as directed before the second coat, at this time it looks streaky and no shiny at all IMO. So the post above about it looking like that is dead on but NO worries.

I came back in the 10 or so minutes and the tires looked really good. Like the stuff transformed while I was away to a different product. So I put my gloves back on and put another coat on. Kevin said six didn't do anything so I was just gonna do two and see how it lasts. The second coat looks very good as we'll I am happy with the look. I went back later with a white towel and touched the tire and it wasn't dirty, so that is nice my tires are usually dirty when I do that with the DP or Mothers FX or whatever I have at the time. Also dry to the finger touch too.

All in all so far so good only time will tell but if it's a few weeks and the look stays the same it would be impressive. The price is reasonable I am sure I could coat the tires many many times more wonder if it would ever be available without the cleaner.

Thanks for the recommendation Kevin.

Page 5 of 123 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast