autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dodo juice waxes

Im looking to purchase the straight 8 sampler but have a couple questions. My normal go to wax is Megs Hi tech yellow wax. I love everything about it, especially for the price. My main question is, do the color specific waxes made by dodo really make the specific colors pop more than traditional waxes?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Blue Velvet Pro on my blue car. The only way you will know if you like it is to try it. Dodo waxes tend to have that luxurious "boutique" feel to them I can't really describe. They are also quite easy to use. The good thing is, you can get a sample for about 10 bucks and decide for yourself.

I think the blue wax makes the blue paint look rich - but that's just me. 10 guys who will post after me will tell you it's all nonsense. I think if anyone is really debating the cost of a higher dollar wax - they should stick with what they have.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dodo juice waxes

Great question that I can only answer on 1. That is Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax. IMO it is the best wax I have used...PERIOD. I have tried Bouncer's, Megs, other brands that AGO sells and even their brands. I will not name them as I do not want to cause a stink. I did a test 1/2 of the hood with wax A and DJSN wax. I had my girlfriend and a couple other people give me their opinions. ALL 5 picked the DJSN.

It has a wet look 2nd to none and the beading and sheeting is incredible.

That is just MY OPINION and several tests. I think you will be happy with DJSN and I would assume the others are good too. I have a Black 2013 Mustang GT that ONY has DJSN as my top off wax under my Pinnacle Black Label Sealant.

FYI

Post Thanks / Like

Theres actually a color changing chart on the dodo forums that show the color changing abilities of the waxes....
    DODO JUICE FORUMS • View topic - Colour charging - a demonstration...
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

There isn't a Dodo Juice wax that I've tried that I didn't like. If you apply one to your 848, please post pics.

Ray@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x245

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Orange Crush on my metallic blue car, it made the paint REALLY shiny, slick, and made the metallic pop.

The rainforest rub is my 2nd go to wax, really really easy to work with.

The hard candy is known to be good for silvers, and banana armour is also for warm colored cars (yellow, red, etc)
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

I am actually planning on buying the pack of waxes for 3 different vehicles in particular that I will be detailing soon. The cars are a 2010 GTR in pearl white, a widebody FD RX-7 in montego blue, and last will be my Land Rover LR2 that is a heavy metallic 2stage red. I think that pack will do me just fine and I may even get a sample of the supernatural wax while I'm at it. There will be a thread for all 3 of those vehicles when the time comes to get them in my garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
    I am actually planning on buying the pack of waxes for 3 different vehicles in particular that I will be detailing soon. The cars are a 2010 GTR in pearl white, a widebody FD RX-7 in montego blue, and last will be my Land Rover LR2 that is a heavy metallic 2stage red. I think that pack will do me just fine and I may even get a sample of the supernatural wax while I'm at it. There will be a thread for all 3 of those vehicles when the time comes to get them in my garage.
    (or it didn't happen)

Ray@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x245

Post Thanks / Like

Way cool!! Looking forward to it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Purple Haze on my black Tacoma and it looked great. Easy to apply as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast