autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax..my thoughts

My thoughts on this incredible product.
    Some of you know I'm more into "Sealants" than "waxes"
    Main reason is durability but from time to time I'll use a good carnauba when I want my paint to pop on my 08' black RAV4 single stage paint.

So I've been looking for something for the best of both worlds, durability and shine, a carnauba shine.
    So for a couple of months I've had my eyes on the Collinite 845 Insulator wax, I was very curious being I didn't read one bad review so why not look into it?

So I want to the link here to read up on it but first wanted to check out the price for it, I was floored when I saw it for under $20.00.
    I read the description twice and decided why not, let's order it

Note:

I did try a sample of it few weeks back but this time wanted to remove my last step.

First I foamed the car down using Chemcial Guys Maxi-Suds along with some All Purpose Cleaner.
    I foamed it down then gave it a good rinsing then foamed again, then started my wash to remove my last step.
    Clayed the paint, nothing there, no contaminants but wanted to make sure.
    I then used a black finishing pad along with my DA and Meguiar's 205 Ultimate Fine Polish.

It's says to shake the 845 well so I did.
    I put a couple of drops of the 845 onto a yellow Meguiar's hand applicator pad, I applied it in two directions , up and down and side to side, those two small drops went further than I expected it to go.
    I applied it to the hood and the front fenders, waited just a couple of minutes then buffed it off, have to say it was the easiest last step I ever removed, two swips and it was gone, it left the black paint dark and rich in color and extreamly slick.

So in the end I got what I wanted, a carnauba type shine and durability that should last 4-5 months

I rate the Collinite 845 5 strong stars.

Inexpensive
    Easy to apply and remove
    Darkens the paint
    Leaves the paint very slick
    Will last months per reviews

Two days later we left it parked outside over night and had a rain storm.
    The next morning I walked up to the car and saw some insane beading, I took a couple of pictures to show you guys who never tried the 845 Insulator Wax how good it works.

The hood......

The windshield......

This past Saturday the car was very dirty from traveling to and from the hospital , we had to follow a large truck so the RAV looked terrible.
    I didn't foam it down, instead I rinsed if off well and washed it using the CG's Maxi-Suds only with my mitt.
    It was so easy to wash, just the rinsing made a difference

If your looking for a long lasting wax that's easy to work with than buy yourself a bottle of Collinite #845 Insulator Wax and find for yourself out how good it works, no hype here folks
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup that is some very good wax sans the price is good...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice pictures and review and yes that's the great thing about #845 its cheap though it gives you that big money results

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite 845 Insulator Wax..my thoughts

I agree. Ive tried a ton of different waxes in my life and since ive joined this site ive seen people claiming 6 months out of a wax. I started thinking maybe im doing something wrong because im lucky if i can get one month out of a wax. I heard so many great things about collinite but i am the type of person that if there is a group of people liking something i wont jump on the band wagon. So i avoided buying it for a while. Then one day i was $18 from receiving free shipping with my order so i was like what the hell and threw in a bottle of the collinite. So glad i did because not only did it shine better then any wax ive used but since ive applied the wax It has rained 4 times snowed twice, went from the cold in northern nevada (low 20s - high 40s) to the heat of southern california (low 50 - high 90) 4 times, and ive washed it twice. The water still beads like the day it was applied. All in all its a great product and my new go to wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brondondolon View Post
    I agree. Ive tried a ton of different waxes in my life and since ive joined this site ive seen people claiming 6 months out of a wax. I started thinking maybe im doing something wrong because im lucky if i can get one month out of a wax. I heard so many great things about collinite but i am the type of person that if there is a group of people liking something i wont jump on the band wagon. So i avoided buying it for a while. Then one day i was $18 from receiving free shipping with my order so i was like what the hell and threw in a bottle of the collinite. So glad i did because not only did it shine better then any wax ive used but since ive applied the wax It has rained 4 times snowed twice, went from the cold in northern nevada (low 20s - high 40s) to the heat of southern california (low 50 - high 90) 4 times, and ive washed it twice. The water still beads like the day it was applied. All in all its a great product and my new go to wax
    Agreed...

Not much would effect it, once it's on, it's on
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

An excellent product that offers a fair amount of durability. The price is also a definate draw card. Have used it on a number of cars lately...

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree. I have been using it for a few years (not exclusively obviously) but really love it. Price/looks/durability/ease of use etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't beat that 845!
    2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5S Burgundy.

+1 Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    So in the end I got what I wanted, a carnauba type shine and durability that should last 4-5 months
    You should easily get more than that. Here are the results I observed over this winter.

Head-to-Head cage match - Klasse SG vs. Collinite 845
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the wax I use 90% of the time since I started using it.
    Can't beat the price and durability.

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast