autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with getting clients needed

Right now, its not really great weather to detail, but as the weeks go buy, I thought I could start again. My biggest issue however is getting people to pay. I have had clients who were going to use my work but feel that it is too expensive to pay for all the work I do such as a full exterior for 100 dollars -Excluding corrections. I understand that a client might say ,o well, I will just go to the car wash down the street for 6 bucks, but how does everybody get people to use your service over the cheap wash or high volume place ?
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with getting clients needed

For starters don't say full exterior. The word full is a no no. What does your $100 dollar exterior include? You have to sell your service no ones just going to look up detailer call you and say ya do my car at any price. Explain the difference between you and the 6 dollar swirl o magic. From lack of info in this post I recommend you do research on how to be a salesman that should be a good start.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wompasaurus View Post
    For starters don't say full exterior. The word full is a no no. What does your $100 dollar exterior include? You have to sell your service no ones just going to look up detailer call you and say ya do my car at any price. Explain the difference between you and the 6 dollar swirl o magic. From lack of info in this post I recommend you do research on how to be a salesman that should be a good start.
    I am not going to say o just a full exterior, I would actually list out the parts of the full exterior to be through and detailed. My biggest problem is people saying I want you to do the work, then asking what you would do and they agree to that, but price, while fair, is a shocker to them
    Bill 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Word of mouth works wonders. I take it on the chin for close friends, and I put everything into their cars. If ten people see that car or truck and come to me because of it, then I feel I've made back what I lost. I find what helps get people over the price, is seeing what they pay for. Everyone I help out gets told what I normally charge for it, so everyone knows the price when they see the work.

Post Thanks / Like

Put together a portfolio and a list of references

Post Thanks / Like

Put together a list of services and what each one includes and price. Have a "mission" statement of sorts saying why you're better than the swirl o matic. You may also be targeting the wrong people, Joe Schmoe from algebra with his brand new car that mom and dad bought him isn't going to shell out 100 bucks for a wash clay and wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldendodo19 View Post
    Put together a list of services and what each one includes and price. Have a "mission" statement of sorts saying why you're better than the swirl o matic. You may also be targeting the wrong people, Joe Schmoe from algebra with his brand new car that mom and dad bought him isn't going to shell out 100 bucks for a wash clay and wax.
    Lets use the name "john smith" =) John decided to agree to a 100 dollar work then, declined and wanted a bit less work for a lot less money
    Bill 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    He declined after you did the detail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Member antti@561detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never use pric e for services..wvery car is different..separate youraelf from others...but adjust to your area...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    561 Car Detailing Gtechniq Accredited Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

some times I ask them what would you like to spend.they give me a price and then I tell them what I can do for that.

But then I tell them for a little more you can get this but its up to you. The best way for me to real them in is to get them to tell me more about the car or boat and what they love about it.

The key is to not look like you need it that bad and for them to call you when they would like to try a real detail.

The last thing I say to them when they are about to leave is when you fill the gas tank how much is it?This works best with cars with big tanks or boats.

I say mine is 100.00 every time and if you cant spend the money for a tank or two to make your car stay nice .then thats up to you.

Call me and then I go 1 2 3 to my self lol and they say when can I get it done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast