autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CQuartz vs EXO

Post Thanks / Like

CQuartz vs EXO

Forgive me folks if this question has been posed before, and that perhaps a comparo has been done in the past.

I've considered one, or the other. But I'm unsure which?
    I know some might say "get both", and of course that's always a good plan, but of course on any one vehicle, you "generally" usually use one, not both. (note I say generally)

The Carpro product I'd like to compare EXO to, would be CQuartz UK. It seems many of you like the UK version, added slickness-shine versus the regular version.

The qualities I'm curious about, is pretty much no different than what any average detailer would ask, longevity, slickness of feel, the degree, and type of shine-gloss it provides, and ease of use.

Many tell me GTechniq EXO is no slouch, and neither is CQuartz I understand.

I've not only considered such products for paint, but also, which will work well on wheels, chrome, and although a very minor requirement, will either work on Glass, or some trim also? (perhaps smooth trim)

Thanks folks, ( I know this is a hard one) Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQuartz vs EXO

I can't help in comparisson but I can tell you carpro has a coating dedicated to trim and chrome: cquartz dlux

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Docpeanut View Post
    I can't help in comparisson but I can tell you carpro has a coating dedicated to trim and chrome:
    cquartz dlux
    ^^^This^^^

And Mark:
    You can then stay/continue in the CarPro Family by using their CQuartz Coating, as well their follow-up Coating maintenance products.
    I'm not going to say this is (the buzz-word): "Synergy".

Rather...I liken it to: An alliance; a union.
    The complete reverse, as it were, to the latest buzz-words:
    "Conscious Uncoupling"

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Docpeanut View Post
    I can't help in comparisson but I can tell you carpro has a coating dedicated to trim and chrome: cquartz dlux
    Yes, I'm on my second bottle of CQuartz DLX, awesome product, can't say enough good about it, and I have folks like you, Bobby G and others to thank for such a good heads up.

Iron-X, another mind blower!

Seems it's awful hard to go wrong with any product in the Carpro lineup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    ^^^This^^^

And Mark:
    You can then stay/continue in the CarPro Family by using their CQuartz Coating, as well their follow-up Coating maintenance products.
    I'm not going to say this is (the buzz-word): "Synergy".

Rather...I liken it to: An alliance; a union.
    The complete reverse, as it were, to the latest buzz-words:
    "Conscious Uncoupling"

Bob
    Ahh, the word I think you were about to say was "Reload"! Yes, I'll probably spring for a large bottle of that too, some more Iron-X, and Eraser. Plus those Suede MF Applicator towels-sheets work great too.

I gather some other hidden gems are their MF Towels also.

Post Thanks / Like

GTechniq C1 is the best coating I have used so far. I do want to try Modesta's coatings, but the price is sort of frightening.

Post Thanks / Like

CQuartz UK and Gtechniq EXOv2 are -- AFAIK -- two different types of products. CQuartz UK is a nano silica coating. The ceramic particles of CQuartz add measurable thickness to the clearcoat and it resists scratching at the same time it provides weather resistance and gloss. Gtechniq EXO (or EXO v2) has inorganic and organic components making it a hybrid coating that provides gloss and weather resistance, but it doesn't provide the scratch resistance that its counterpart Gtechniq C1 does. Gtechniq C1 would be more analogous to CQuartz, but you could achieve the protection and gloss together with Gtechniq C1 topped with EXO v2, which many do.

I did the C1/EXO v2 thing last summer and it held up very nicely over the winter.

I'd love to try CQuartz, but I don't have enough cars. (My car has C1/EXOv2; my wife's car has PBL.)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you for a fact, if you get more than a year from any g tech product you are doing well! My wife's car outside 24/7 got barely a year out of c1/ exo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    CQuartz UK and Gtechniq EXOv2 are -- AFAIK -- two different types of products. CQuartz UK is a nano silica coating. The ceramic particles of CQuartz add measurable thickness to the clearcoat and it resists scratching at the same time it provides weather resistance and gloss. Gtechniq EXO (or EXO v2) has inorganic and organic components making it a hybrid coating that provides gloss and weather resistance, but it doesn't provide the scratch resistance that its counterpart Gtechniq C1 does. Gtechniq C1 would be more analogous to CQuartz, but you could achieve the protection and gloss together with Gtechniq C1 topped with EXO v2, which many do.

I did the C1/EXO v2 thing last summer and it held up very nicely over the winter.

I'd love to try CQuartz, but I don't have enough cars. (My car has C1/EXOv2; my wife's car has PBL.)
    You are probably correct, that I'm not comparing "apples to apples".

It would be probably the same in reverse order, if I asked for a comparo of Carpro Reload versus GT C1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I can tell you for a fact, if you get more than a year from any g tech product you are doing well! My wife's car outside 24/7 got barely a year out of c1/ exo.
    C1 with more than 4 years and still beading like new.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast