autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is Opti-Seal not more popular?

I'm just wondering why Opti-Seal is not mentioned more often on these forums as a go to sealant, especially for pro's. I use Opti-Seal constantly and am constantly impressed with the ease of use.

For those of you that don't know, Opti-Seal is a spray on, walk away sealant from Optimum. You can get 30+ applications from one 8 oz. bottle, and the looks are excellent.

• 2-4 months durability (my experience, harsh climate here), would probably be more multiple applications and stringent paint prep
    • Incredibly easy, and fast to use
    • No curing time
    • Looks are excellent, especially on lighter colored vehicles

Anyway, I was just curious about this. I got a sample of deep gloss paint sealant, read how it has to cure 12 hours, and chucked into the bottom of my sample bin. I hardly ever use HD Poxy anymore because of the cure time, and it only needs 45 minutes.

Why would someone spend all night waiting for a sealant to cure when you could slap on a couple coats of Opti-Seal in about 30 minutes and be done?

Not trying to rouse anything here, just wanted to see what everyone else thought about a seemingly extremely underrated product.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why is Opti-Seal not more popular?

That's an interesting question, why WOWA sealants haven't completely taken over the market. You can use it on every surface of the car, without worrying about getting any residue on trim or crevices. If you do have a high spot, you'll know pretty fast and it's easy to wipe off.

So why are there still other sealants? For me I have so much other stuff that I haven't used up yet...here in the forum world the grass is always greener and people want to try other products. I think there is also some psychological resistance, just as people can't wrap their head around a spray wax being anything more than a booster, or 0W oil being bad (to paraphrase another thread), perhaps people feel like a WOWA can't be substantial because it seem so insubstantial and too easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    That's an interesting question, why WOWA sealants haven't completely taken over the market. You can use it on every surface of the car, without worrying about getting any residue on trim or crevices. If you do have a high spot, you'll know pretty fast and it's easy to wipe off.

So why are there still other sealants? For me I have so much other stuff that I haven't used up yet...here in the forum world the grass is always greener and people want to try other products. I think there is also some psychological resistance, just as people can't wrap their head around a spray wax being anything more than a booster, or 0W oil being bad (to paraphrase another thread), perhaps people feel like a WOWA can't be substantial because it seem so insubstantial and too easy.
    I actually thought of this. There is just no "wow" factor with Opti-Seal. It is a boring product to look at and use, even thought it works great and is extremely easy to use.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use opti-seal all the time after correction and it is a phenomenal product. If it I do a lighter package I use OCW. The ease of use and time savings of both is just breakthrough.

+1 for Optimum Products.

(Just got a gallon of Opti-bond, testing tomorrow)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    I actually thought of this. There is just no "wow" factor with Opti-Seal. It is a boring product to look at and use, even thought it works great and is extremely easy to use.
    I've said before if I was starting over with a new car and no products, knowing what I know now (and forgetting about coatings), I'd just go with a WOWA and use it on every surface of the car. You can't get any easier or more foolproof.

It is kind of a mystery why the WOWA's haven't killed more of the LSP market off, as I said, maybe it's too easy and people feel like they are cheating.

Post Thanks / Like

There are just too darn many products to try and keep up with all the new product releases and what really stands the test of time after release.

In many product lines, they have so many products now that it's hard to know where one product ends and another begins (i.e. they overlap). Plus there seems to be about a dozen nearly-equivalent substitutes for just about any product, and there are people that love each one, and they are all probably pretty good products. Some products should probably be retired

What other comparable products have you tried? Who knows, it might be quite popular in sales, just not in posts here. I wonder if the auto detailing industry has market research firms that track sales statistics of all products, the way most other industries do.

Post Thanks / Like

I love WOWA sealant, it's the stigma that if its too easy it's too good too true.
    I explained WOWA to some local people and thought I was nuts.........
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking foward to trying my un-opened WDGLS when I get the time to wash my truck. I'm hoping the WOWA's are gonna benefit me since I have limited detail time in the summer months.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of my daily drivers customers do not want to pay the extra money for opti-coat so I use a normal sealant. That said everyone of my high end customers and car guys have it done.

Post Thanks / Like

I love and use Opti-Seal every couple of months for my headlights/tails. I use it to seal my paint every now and then.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast