autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Xpel

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Xpel

So this week I am getting applied XPEL Clear Film to the front of my 2011 Audi S4. I am doing it because I live in Cleveland where the salt in the winter chips the finish on the car. I am doing the full hood, bumper and full fenders.

The car has 22k miles on it and it isn't perfect. The hood is perfect and had no imperfections at all. The front bumper has no chips but has one small imperfect which is just a scuff on the lower portion of the bumper maybe 3 cm long. Then on the driver side front fender there is a small chip. Everything has been filled with paint and looks very good from a couple feet away. Obviously when you get up close you see a small imperfection. I know that in a perfect world you would have a perfect finish then apply the clear film but I don't want to respray the front of the car. So what I am asking, is am I doing the right thing by doing this or should I get it resprayed and then do it. I think I would rather get the clear bra eaten up for a few years and then respray it and apply the clear bra.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Xpel

If you can deal with seeing the little defects that are there then by all means apply that protective film/coating but if you know that its going to bother you or run you nuts just see those defects then its best to respray get it perfect then protect it with that film/coating....just my eight cents

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, thanks! Also on a used car like a 2011, is it common to have a few small paint imperfections like I have described?

Post Thanks / Like

The paint imperfections you have describe are common for the fact that automotive paints are becoming more delicate but it seems like you been take very good care of the vehicle which is a good thing