autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz Finest or Modesta Bc-05

Going to get my car coated this week and was offered quartz finest or bc-05, anybody have any recommendations or reviews, car is flat red, no metallic, looking for deep shine and durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz Finest or Modesta Bc-05

I'd go with CQuartz. Their claimed length of durability is honest and respectable. Modesta claims 3-10 years which seems a bit vague and far fetched.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just02896 View Post
    I'd go with CQuartz. Their claimed length of durability is honest and respectable. Modesta claims 3-10 years which seems a bit vague and far fetched.
    +1. I also called a distributor for this product and it's reallllyyy expensive for what it is.
    Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

is the gloss about the same?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mets2010 View Post
    is the gloss about the same?
    That I don't know. Honestly it's all subjective and all in the prep work.
    Tommy

Post Thanks / Like
    I've talked with a couple of Modesta Installers. It sounds like a great product that is "supposedly" glossier and more scratch and mar resistant. I logged in and set up an account to be able to purchase the coatings but the price blew my mind. Now I have only talked to installers about the product, no hands on experience. It may be amazing and I hope it is. Not to sway you either way. But just some things to think about.
    Modesta - may be amazing but, rather new not as much testing or reviews have been done as Finest.
    How many cars has the installer coated with BC-05. The application process is different as well as the prep. Some say the primer needs to be used others say it's not.
    Is the installer providing a warranty on Modesta or Finest and how do those compare?
    Another factor to me would be proven difference and what my budget looks like.
    I said all that to say if the claims that were made to me were true I would go with Modesta BC-05 and also the wheels in BC-04 ( I think that's the wheel coating), but if it was a huge price difference I would go with Finest and let the Modesta coating play out and see how it compares with some of the other coatings over time. Two things I have yet to see that Finest has provided:
    1. A video of measurable thickness
    2. A video demonstrating it's scratch resistance abilities.

Whatever you pick I hope your pleased and if it is Modesta I hope you will let me know what you think!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Finest is tried and true.

That's what I would spend my money on if the choice was only between CQuartz and Modesta.

Post Thanks / Like

what about finest and opti coat pro? i was reading the gloss on opti pro isn't the same as finest

Quote Originally Posted by 95oRANGEcRUSH View Post
    Finest is tried and true.

That's what I would spend my money on if the choice was only between CQuartz and Modesta.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mets2010 View Post
    what about finest and opti coat pro? i was reading the gloss on opti pro isn't the same as finest
    I think Finest has more gloss

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, CQuartz has excellent look, decent durability, and affordable cost. Modesta cost alone should be 3 times as much (for the coating alone, not the paint correction). The problem I see with Modesta is because it is so durable, it is designed the way it is, that it may end up not looking quite so good a year, or two down the road. Yet because it has to be sanded off, not polished, sanded that you may end up with areas you want touched up and end up paying out the nose down the road, (again).

The way products are being rolled out these days I suspect things will be turning around long before CQ hit's it's last days. Plenty out there that you'd want to go back with once that happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast