autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Auto Detailing Day at Tuscarora Dave's (South Central PA)

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Dave, I wouldn't worry about food too much. We/I can bring food and like you said, there are plenty of places to eat right by you. That one we went to was tasty

I would be more than happy to bring food/beverages.
    Yeah, there's a lot of food joints real close. My sister loves to cook and is a great cook I might add, and she seems pretty intent on putting something together for the event.

Necessity is the Mother of Invention so the food aspect will work itself out no doubt.

On a different note, how easy was it for you to find my shop?

Super easy to find location as my shop sits directly beside Interstate 83 at exit 35 about 4 miles south of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Yeah, there's a lot of food joints real close. My sister loves to cook and is a great cook I might add, and she seems pretty intent on putting something together for the event.

Necessity is the Mother of Invention so the food aspect will work itself out no doubt.

On a different note, how easy was it for you to find my shop?

Super easy to find location as my shop sits directly beside Interstate 83 at exit 35 about 4 miles south of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
    Well just let me know...

It would have been SUPER easy had my GPS not told me to turn LEFT rather than right off the exist. Your shop is right off 83 for sure.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to live close!

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

dave thats mighty nice of you to do such a great deed

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said earlier if we do Sunday I will stop in on my way home DC since I am kind of coming past the area where your shop is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Well just let me know...

It would have been SUPER easy had my GPS not told me to turn LEFT rather than right off the exist. Your shop is right off 83 for sure.
    Yes...the GPS thing... I encourage anyone coming to this event to click my website link and get my telephone number and save it to your cell phone, because a lot of GPS units will try to take you up into the town of Lewisberry PA somewhere about a mile out of the way. Some units will bring you right to my shop and some get confused for some reason.

If you get lost call me and I'll guide you in in just minutes.

I'll say the gates will open at 8 am. for the event, but feel free to come as you wish time wise.

Heck...if you were set on coming but can't make the trip on Sunday, I'd be glad to work with anyone who would want to swing by on Saturday. The Mustang detail is the focus of Sunday but I love this stuff enough to be involved both days even if it was just a one on one for someone that could only come Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    I would love to live close!
    Yeah...I'd love that too.

Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post
    dave thats mighty nice of you to do such a great deed
    Hey, it's all about the passion for doing paint corrections and having a great social life too.

I want to be clear about one thing...what we'll be doing at this event, and what I do for a living out of this shop on a daily basis are 2 different things.

It's because I mainly just prep rental vans for the next rental, do mini restorations on traded in wheelchair vans and buses that my passion for OCD paint corrections and interior details is still alive.

That's not to say I don't offer an anal retentive detailing service...because I do...but at $50 per hour, so a very small percentage of my income comes from that type of work.

75% of the detailing jobs I do are quick 5 hour details though I've done many 30 hour jobs over the years. Very few people are willing to pay for that level of service.

This event will be about doing what's best for this daily driver Mustang, and I'll speak to "Mightypudge" about his car and his willingness to preserve what we do to it just as if he were a regular customer/client, then together we'll decide exactly what to do to it and how to go about it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, basically remember to turn right off the 83 exit and you are right there.

This is really nice of you Dave... looking forward to it!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Well put Dave.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this time around. I am booked all the way up to May. You are welcome to come visit me at my new acquired shop anytime my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

I will for sure bring my XMT360, some Brown Royal, and plenty of different soaps... Maybe some sample bottles empty and full just in case anyone wants to share.

Yeah if you have pizza shops nearby then food wouldnt be a problem even if your sister didnt feel so kind! Thats awesome of her.

Sunday will work for me BUT I may have a small passenger with me as that is my day with my Daughter...SHE loves to help dad with cars so maybe she will come with! Im really looking forward to this!!!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSou View Post
    Well put Dave.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this time around. I am booked all the way up to May. You are welcome to come visit me at my new acquired shop anytime my friend.

Maybe we can all set up a date to come see your shop too? lol. VA would be stretching it for me, Dave is already 5 hours away from me but I used to drive to Carlisle every year so I know the route.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast