autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Auto Detailing Day at Tuscarora Dave's (South Central PA)

Good morning AGO.

First of all I'd like to thank those who sent PMs of interest in this detailing day at my shop, and all those who commented to keep this thread active.

I'm looking at the weekend of April 12th and 13th for this event. Either Saturday or Sunday works for me so if those planning on attending would check their calendars and comment on which day would be best, we'll get it figured down to the day that way.

I have a few more names to add to the list as of this morning.

So here's the list as of right now.
    1.mightypudge
    2.kochdalton87
    3.Eandras
    4.Legacykid
    5.coachhoach
    6.Evan.J
    7.hagerbump
    8.dcjredline (hopeful)
    9.Becciasm (tentative)

I got a really unexpected PM from a guy that some of the older more die hard forum hoppers may remember, none other than the "$1storedetailer" will be attending.

Some may remember this thread.

Hello from the $1storedetailer - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Thanks, Dave, for your shining example of:
    "Each one, Teach one"...

Bob
    Thanks Bob. For me it's about being usefully whole and having fun along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekennett View Post
    That's awesome of you to do, sounds like a fun day in store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I've never been to detailing get together and didn't have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JSou View Post

Learning anything from Dave is a blessing. He helped tweak my game the last couple of times we met. A professional of the art.

I'll be contacting you soon Dave. I have a fun project for us down here.
    Thanks Jake!! I'm glad you've been able to improve your game as a result of hosting those detailing events. That's how it works. You host it and they will come, and all stand a chance at learning and getting better at what they do. You know you're welcome if you're up to a little road trip.

Call anytime for any reason my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I'm hoping I'll be able to cruise out there just to freakin hang out with everyone!!! My Firebird needs some miles on it this year.

Subscribed
    Hanger outers are encouraged. You are more than welcome and I'm sure you can help guide the newer members if you would come. I hope to see your Firebird rolling into my lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    awesome dave, very cool & generous of you to put this together & host it
    Thanks Drew!! You know you're welcome if you're up to a little road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by mightypudge View Post
    How cool is this?!?!?

Let me once again thank Dave for his incredibly gracious offer. I'm a proponent of "paying it forward" and clearly Dave is filling up his Karma bank account.

The Mustang was a gift to myself for achieving a very important goal. So I really want to take care of her so I can enjoy her for a long time.

Just a quick story for some perspective on why this is so important to me: Last year I was basically knocking on death's door. I've had a terrible junk food addiction since I was 21, so at 43 years old I was topping the scales at 300 pounds. My blood pressure was through the roof, my cholesterol ski high, and I was diagnosed with depression.

The short version of this story is that between last May and today I've lost over 100 pounds thanks to regular exercise and proper nutrition. My health is totally improved and I am a new man! In fact, since I believe so strongly in the "pay it forward" way of life, I've decided to become a personal trainer so I can help others take back their life.

Anyway, there's my story.

It'll be an honor to learn from Dave and have my Mustang be featured that day. I hope to meet some of you there!
    Pretty exciting stuff huh?

Your story is quite inspiring and very deserving of that gift/reward to your efforts and achievements. Now that Mustang will be as sharp as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by Legacykid View Post
    Awesome success story, Im also in the industry, Seeing what people go through to break a habit which was a way of life for them. Its truely inspiring and motivational!

I specialize in corrective exercise and nutrition. And love talking "shop" look forward to meeting you!

Dave, this is great and looking forward to this. Might be tough for everyone but any Sunday would be best for me.
    We'll get a group conscience going here as to Saturday or Sunday. I really hope you can make it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Becciasm View Post
    Please add me to the list as 'Tentative' for even though I head up your way often to see my family, i know not when I will head up next - so I can try to plan a trip around your event!!

since it is a full correction, what would you ask participants to bring? Tools/Polishers, products, open minds and questions? etc?
    Open minds and questions definitely, polishers are always helpful as I'm limited to 2 DAs 2 Flex 3401s and a Rotary. If anyone wants to give the Cyclo a spin I'll need an additional 3 3/4" backing plate to make that happen.

I am limited to waxes on hand only at the moment for LSPs so some sealants wouldn't be bad to see in someone's bag of goods. Anything you want or plan to work with in the way of products, bring them along, as I'm pretty limited to my staple 105 and 205.

Any products not sold by Autogeek will be welcome at the event but will not be showcased in the photos of any thread I put together to be posted here at AGO.

I have 4 extension cords so if more want to run polishers, it'd be nice if you bring a polisher, to also bring a cord.

I'll have cold bottled water for all, so if you want soda or any flavored drinks BYOB.

We're all adults here and I'm a sober guy, so if anyone needs to bring beer, let's not turn this into a party of that kind. I don't forbid it but don't encourage it either.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Very nice Dave.

If I was closer I would love to come but 4+hrs of driving is a little much.
    It'd be great to have you Troy. Too bad you're not closer.

Post Thanks / Like

Both Saturday and Sunday 4/12 and 4/13 work for me, but I admit Sunday would be best.

Sounds like I'll need to invest in some gear before the big day. Dave, I PM'ed you for advice.

This is gonna rock!

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, its great to see something like this coming together. However it just happens to fall on the only weekend in the next few months I plan on being away (bachelor party in DC) . If it is held on Sunday and I get back in time I might be able to stop in later in the day as I would love to get together with some of you guys. Let me know what day you officially pick, and if it would be Sunday I could probably just stop on my way home from DC even. I'll watch for updates.

Post Thanks / Like

As always, this is awesome of you Dave!

I just saw this thread. If there's room, count me in... I may crash the party regardless

Can't wait to learn more!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I got a really unexpected PM from a guy that some of the older more die hard forum hoppers may remember, none other than the "$1storedetailer" will be attending.

Hello from the $1storedetailer - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Good morning AGO.

First of all I'd like to thank those who sent PMs of interest in this detailing day at my shop, and all those who commented to keep this thread active.

I'm looking at the weekend of April 12th and 13th for this event. Either Saturday or Sunday works for me so if those planning on attending would check their calendars and comment on which day would be best, we'll get it figured down to the day that way.

I have a few more names to add to the list as of this morning.

So here's the list as of right now.
    1.mightypudge
    2.kochdalton87
    3.Eandras
    4.Legacykid
    5.coachhoach
    6.Evan.J
    7.hagerbump
    8.dcjredline (hopeful)
    9.Becciasm (tentative)

Open minds and questions definitely, polishers are always helpful as I'm limited to 2 DAs 2 Flex 3401s and a Rotary. If anyone wants to give the Cyclo a spin I'll need an additional 3 3/4" backing plate to make that happen.

I am limited to waxes on hand only at the moment for LSPs so some sealants wouldn't be bad to see in someone's bag of goods. Anything you want or plan to work with in the way of products, bring them along, as I'm pretty limited to my staple 105 and 205.

Any products not sold by Autogeek will be welcome at the event but will not be showcased in the photos of any thread I put together to be posted here at AGO.

I have 4 extension cords so if more want to run polishers, it'd be nice if you bring a polisher, to also bring a cord.

I'll have cold bottled water for all, so if you want soda or any flavored drinks BYOB.

We're all adults here and I'm a sober guy, so if anyone needs to bring beer, let's not turn this into a party of that kind. I don't forbid it but don't encourage it either.
    I do remember 1$ cool.

10-4. April 12th would work better for me (still tentative, but looking more promising )

Water is perfect.

I'll bring my GG 6", extension cord and some pads/plates, and a small assortment of products - no need for everyone to bring everything they own.. (learned that from Jake's events, HA! )

I'm down for learning, again, the basics of 105/205 if that's what you're offering.

Fundamentals Man.
    I believe in becoming who I am (Translation: You learn everyday.)
    <-Bubba

Post Thanks / Like
    The 12th would be my vote. Either works ok for me though. I can bring my GG6 and some products... The Formula will need some quick love from the trip anyway. Hope to see you all.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see more folks jumping on! Bumping to keep it alive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    As always, this is awesome of you Dave!

I just saw this thread. If there's room, count me in... I may crash the party regardless

Can't wait to learn more!
    I knew if you were available to make it that you'd be on the list.

So here's the list now.

1.mightypudge
    2.kochdalton87
    3.Eandras
    4.Legacykid
    5.coachhoach
    6.Evan.J
    7.hagerbump
    8.dcjredline (hopeful)
    9.Becciasm (tentative)
    10.$1storedetailer
    11.DetailKitty

It looks like more are leaning toward Sunday the 13th so let's go with Sunday.

Honestly, I'll be around both days so in the event it looks like rain that Sunday but Saturday looks Ideal....hey I'm game for a Saturday Pre-Rain Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Becciasm View Post
    I do remember 1$ cool.

10-4. April 12th would work better for me (still tentative, but looking more promising )

Water is perfect.

I'll bring my GG 6", extension cord and some pads/plates, and a small assortment of products - no need for everyone to bring everything they own.. (learned that from Jake's events, HA! )

I'm down for learning, again, the basics of 105/205 if that's what you're offering.

Fundamentals Man.
    I can use either SMAT or DAT products rather proficiently so I'll be able to guide people with the product they've chosen after a test section or 2.

My go to is M-105 so I'll gladly offer insight as to how I've made it work best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    The 12th would be my vote. Either works ok for me though. I can bring my GG6 and some products... The Formula will need some quick love from the trip anyway. Hope to see you all.
    Great!! Hopefully you'll make the trip down.

Quote Originally Posted by mightypudge View Post
    Glad to see more folks jumping on! Bumping to keep it alive.
    Me too. I'll comment and bring it to the front each morning as I have comments to add.

My sister was offering to cook some lunch for this event for us, there's also a number of pizza shops real close to my location and also a Hong Kong Buffet right up the road. Of course covered dishes are always welcome too.

The food aspect of this day will give us a little more to discuss each day as I haven't hammered out any definite plans there.

Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, I wouldn't worry about food too much. We/I can bring food and like you said, there are plenty of places to eat right by you. That one we went to was tasty

I would be more than happy to bring food/beverages.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast