autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna Powerlock or WGDGPS 3.0

Is there much difference between the two that you can tell? I've read one is made by the other, but don't know if that's true or not.

How much product do you typically use for say a regular cab truck, or a 4-door sedan?Trying to decide what size bottle to get.

I've also read the threads about Powerlock's longevity, but don't recall a comparison of the two mentioned products. Perhaps I missed longevity threads about WGDGPS.

For those of you that have used both products: Which do you prefer?

Do you prefer another sealant not mentioned?
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna Powerlock or WGDGPS 3.0

Hi Bill...

Eight times out of ten I go with WGDGPS.
    Otherwise it's a toss-up between Meguiar's M21 Synthetic Paint Sealant 2.0...
    Or Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (KHGSG)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't used PL, but the WG is a great product. It is very easily to apply, gives a great shine and holds up rather well. Even with all the snow and salt that has been on the roads here in NJ this winter, my application from June held up until about a couple weeks ago. Even then, the car still looked great, the water beading had just dissipated. I touched it up with some Spritz Sealant and it is looking great and beading wonderfully again.
    Waxin' Willys Detailing
    Like us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like

Ive used Powerlock multiple times and its one of the best sealants i've used. Looks great too.

I have no experience with WGDGPS.

Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna powerlock or either klasse high gloss sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Powerlock. Nothing could go on or off easier imo. One of their only products not made by menzerna (rumored to be 4*), but doesnt matter at all. 16oz should do 25 to 30 cars

Post Thanks / Like

I have both on hand, and have used both a few times each.

IMO, both are outstanding products, both simple as pie to use, easy on, and very easy off. With either product, it would take less than an ounce to cover my entire '97 4dr Tahoe SUV.

Both look similar to each other, and have a similar consistency-viscosity.
    Menz Powerlock looks like a light lime green sherbert, whereas WGDGPS 3.0 is a pastel yellow color. There is a difference in smell, so I would say they are not the exact same product, or just a different dye, and a relabel used to differentiate the two.

Rumor has it though from other members here, and I believe even Wolfgang themselves touch on this, is that Menzerna makes the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 for Wolfgang (as well as the polishes), and I can believe that. Wolfgang probably chose a more specialized-personalized formula for their brand, and I would suspect a quite similar level of longevity from both products.

Both possess a beautiful slickness of shine, some say "nuba like", and perhaps so, but on dark colors, like my Kia Spectra in Magenta Pearl, the Paint looked dripping wet with either product. From a side angle, my paint looked like I sprayed a coating of glass on it.

Very hard to stop staring I had found, you'll want to look at your paint all day long!

I had thought initially, that Menz Powelock had more ability of attracting dusts, as I live in a very dusty climate here in the desert southwest, but I have no scientific proof to back such observations. Dust conditions here vary by the day, from bad, to horrid. Not only brown dust-dirts, but white Gypsum dust from the largest Gypsum Field on the Planet, White Sands National Monument and Missle Range, just a few miles west of me.

Thus, it is impossible to gauge dust repelling qualities of either with just casual observation. It would probably be correct to say that they are actually the same in this regard.

As for how much to buy? I would say a qt of either is a whole lot of product! I bought a qt of the Powerlock, and could probably treat a small car dealership with such a quantity, but as you know, larger quantities are usually less cost per ounce. And I had bought the 16oz I believe of WGDGPS 3.0

The 8oz bottle might be best, try it, you'll have enough in the bottle to protect probably 6-7 large vehicles easily, and probably 8-9 smaller vehicles no trouble.

As for satisfaction, I think you'll love either product, and won't regret which you buy.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had to buy only once such product, it would be BFWD. However, I agree - not a lot of dif.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    If I had to buy only once such product, it would be BFWD. However, I agree - not a lot of dif.
    Not sure if this BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, paint sealant, synthetic sealant, blackfire sealant is the same product as you mentioned, but I have an early sample of this product and wasn't overly impressed with it at all. In fact, after polishing out the hood on my Trashed Trailblazer (black paint) I did a side-by-side comparison with an older version of Opti-Seal (version before the current one) against BFWDS and wasn't impressed with the longevity of either product. However, if I were to have to choose one over the other at that time (even now) if would be the wipe-on and walk-away product, for sure. It's just faster and considering on that particular example they both lasted about the same, so that's why I'd go with the Opti-seal in that example.

Perhaps if the BFWDS isn't too much different (as you say) than the two products I asked about, then it might be worth considering the new version of Opti-seal...or better yet sticking with something like DG105 or a Collinite product. Dang...should have thought of DG105 before. LOL!!

Weren't you the person who made that real nice write-up comparing different sealants? If not, I'm thinking of someone's thread where they found Menzerna Powerlock to be very durable.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both, prefer WG 3.0 hands down, my PL is gathering dust in the garage.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast