autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was told that the aggressiveness of Edge pads is done by stiffness, not pours. The Edge orange pad has more pours then the green pad, but orange is more aggressive because its a lot stiffer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detailing
    I was told that the aggressiveness of Edge pads is done by stiffness, not pours. The Edge orange pad has more pours then the green pad, but orange is more aggressive because its a lot stiffer.
    As we are in the process of upgrading our website again please refer to the chart at the bottom of the wave page for now Dedication to Detail - The Edge Buffing Pads
    It shows all the foams we have available. To say that Edge does not have the foams that either LC or any other pad MFG has would be TOTALLY UNTRUE. We have access and inventory stock of all the foams that work for buffing with the exception of the Meg's burgandy pad which they have exclusively. We do have foams in other colors called Dura-Foam that have the same qualities as that foam but not in burgandy color. We buy foams from all the major foam manufacturers that make foam which can withsand buffing and we make more pad types than many people even know or realize. To say that Edge pads are a certain type is not accurate because we make so many types. The chart which will soon be on all our foam product pages shows the types, colors, and textures we have available but what makes our prouducts special is the way we manufacture them and the shape and design of the pads and attachement systems available not to mention world class customer service.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like
    Foam bizness is very very.... Once I saw a delivery of foam pads .... And on the side of the truck it read 'Mike's Meats !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    how come the orange pad isnt on that list?
    2000 Dodge Durango 5.9L 4wd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adde
    how come the orange pad isnt on that list?

Are you talking about the Edge list? If so it is there, you have to click on the tab for prepolymer European foams.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh i was blind finally i got the answer that I have been looking for is the green or orange more agressive seems like the orange is
    2000 Dodge Durango 5.9L 4wd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    As we are in the process of upgrading our website again please refer to the chart at the bottom of the wave page for now Dedication to Detail - The Edge Buffing Pads
    It shows all the foams we have available. To say that Edge does not have the foams that either LC or any other pad MFG has would be TOTALLY UNTRUE. We have access and inventory stock of all the foams that work for buffing with the exception of the Meg's burgandy pad which they have exclusively. We do have foams in other colors called Dura-Foam that have the same qualities as that foam but not in burgandy color. We buy foams from all the major foam manufacturers that make foam which can withsand buffing and we make more pad types than many people even know or realize. To say that Edge pads are a certain type is not accurate because we make so many types. The chart which will soon be on all our foam product pages shows the types, colors, and textures we have available but what makes our prouducts special is the way we manufacture them and the shape and design of the pads and attachement systems available not to mention world class customer service.
    I recieved this world class customer service today!

Thanks Aaron!

^^^ this guy has answers for everything! I asked him some pretty strange ones today!

Post Thanks / Like
    Still no real answers......one comp. has a white thats a polishing pad..one has a white thats a finish pad...just that the foams feel and look and perform different....there must be a difference some how....why can you take product A and work an area and see results but not real good...take product B and work a area and see better results...

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    I have noticed a difference is the firmness of the same colored foams. I ordered a blue Edge Foam Pad to replace my other one and found it to be Much Softer than the original. The same goes for the White.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have noticed a difference is the firmness of the same colored foams. I ordered a blue Edge Foam Pad to replace my other one and found it to be Much Softer than the original. The same goes for the White.

I'll second that....I've also noticed big differences in pads ordering the same pads from two different companies. Even more noticeable (porosity) are the 4" pads compared to the larger pads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast