autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Southern California AutoGeek Online's Learn, Meet and Greet.

Hello All, I am on hosting a SoCal's AutoGeek Meet and Greet at the beginning of next month. The date will be April 5th, 2014. The doors will open at 8am and work will start on the car at 9am - 4pm. Lunch will be at 12pm-1pm. I will have coffee and donuts for breakfast and for lunch I'll have some Pizza and Soda.

I will have the car washed and clayed prior and we can just start correcting the paint at 9am April 5th. This will be a paint exterior only. Since I am planning on focusing all the time and work on just correcting the paint. The rest could be tackled another time. The owner (my estimator uncle) is planning on keeping this car. I was already going to correct the paint this month, but thought to myself this would be a great opportunity to have another meetup. So here it is everyone.

We will attempt to finish as much as possible and whatever does not get finished. I can always finish it the next day.

^ Here is the car and it's everyone's favorite color Black, it is metallic however.
    The BMW I worked on should be there on this day so you guys could see it in person

The plan of attack will be to divide the car into 4 sections and each group will have the particular section of the car to work on. I plan on having some M105/M205 in stock for each group to have to work on for their section. You can also use a different combination of compound/polish for your section, but you'll have to provide those. I just hope that if done this way the car, overall, will match section per section if done with different brand compounds and polishes.

I have not done a test spot on this car and I have never worked on this car. So I haven't measured the paint etc... but if there is a healthy amount of CC I am pretty sure this car needs a 3 step.

Southern California's AutoGeek Learn, Meet and Greet.

AutoGeek Online Groups:

AGO Group A

AGO Group B

AGO Group C
    AGO Group D

I will have M105/M205 in stock and I will have my machines there as well. I have the Rupes 21, Porter Cable and my Rotary. You guys are free to use my machines. However since I only have those machines I ask that each group at least have their own machine and pads.

I will provide what I can and please try and remember that this is my first time attempting this. I am going to try and run it how Meguiar's runs their classes. All in all this is just my attempt of having a meet and greet to meet again or newly meet you AGO Friends. So just come with the intentions of having a good time, meeting people that we always talk to here on AutoGeek Online and to continue learning in this fun detailing journey.

This will be held in the city of Corona, CA 92880

How MOL and AGO do there signup please provide your personal name, online name and in this case also what you could bring to the meetup.

I am also planning on taking a ton of pictures and making a video out of it. Slide show style video I will edit it and post it on YouTube for everyone to see.

My new tripod and new time lapse remote I bought of Amazon should be here this week to btw

Thank you all and I am learning as I go,

Have a fun time and Happy Detailing everyone

Art Hernandez

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Southern California AutoGeek Online's Learn, Meet and Greet.

I'd like to also add that you do not have to have any skill to attend. You can be completely new to this, but a desire to learn is all that is required and everyone is welcome to sign up.

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Think this would be cool to do for us Upstate NY`ers this spring.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good time, pretty cool of you...

Post Thanks / Like

^ Thanks

For those who have not seen my blog videos. It will be shot in this style and we be edited in this manner as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecH8T63zjjg&feature=share&list=UUzOVy2WZUw u3_Sov8qe32ug&index=5]Headlght Restoration - YouTube[/video]

oh and I finally bought a 3" backing plate for my Rotary too

Post Thanks / Like

This looks like a nice meet and greet. What LSP are you planning to use?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guz, I was going to message you on MOL but then I remember you said you come on here to as well.

I would like to opti coat it but that's a whole different animal lol. I don't really have to many LSP's, i'm more of machine, compound, polish collector. Most likely I'll be using some of my Menzerna Powerlock and top it with Menzerna Colorlock.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cool, looks like that could be a great experience for everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Might be interested. It'd be trip for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    Hey Guz, I was going to message you on MOL but then I remember you said you come on here to as well.

I would like to opti coat it but that's a whole different animal lol. I don't really have to many LSP's, i'm more of machine, compound, polish collector. Most likely I'll be using some of my Menzerna Powerlock and top it with Menzerna Colorlock.
    Yeah I'm on both forums. You can message me on either one. I'll get it one way or another. This is a cool thing you are doing for your uncle .

I haven't used powerlock or colorlock but I have read many good things about both.

I will have to play it by ear and see if I can make it.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast