autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Sonax Brilliant Shine detailer?

I have been looking into getting a new quick detailer for my car. I did some reading and it seems people like SBSD. A lot of people comment on it's beading "insane" beading properties, making me think this is a spray wax or sealant.

Is this product a LSP or a QD like the name suggests?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Sonax Brilliant Shine detailer?

More of a spray sealant than a QD. It's quite thick - something that of a tire gel.

It does beads nicely. Look wise it's reminiscence to acrylic based products; mirror like brightness, but somewhat muted.

I'm happy with it, but I don't think I'll resupply once this bottle runs out.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a spray sealant / QD product. I think it's the best product out there of it's kind (or one of them), because it actually enhances beading - which few "spray waxes" do. Looks glossy and feels slick to me. Easy to use as well.

It's also great to use on top of OptiCoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DI
    The SONAX Brilliant Shine Detailer is the perfect last step to use after any detail for a quick cleaning, added protection and an enhanced shine. It is a paint refresher that does a little bit of everything to give your paint that freshly detailed appearance with ease. It can quickly remove surface contaminants just use it with a plush microfiber towel and wipe with light pressure. At the same time it will leave a great shine and more protection behind that repels moisture. When you spray it on the paint you'll notice it's thicker than most quick detailers because the protection and shine is more durable than most quick detailers. Spread the product around nice and thin and buff away any excess residue with your microfiber towel. It's perfect to use for a quick cleaning, just after a wash or as a final step after a full detail. SONAX continues to bring more and more of their premium detailing products over to the USA from their headquarters in Germany and this item is another great example. We encourage you to pick up the SONAX Brilliant Shine Detailer and see why so many people love the SONAX detailing products.
    SBSD is a very nice QD product... it can be thought of as a spray sealant if you want. I have not tested the durability, however I have been told it can last a couple of months. I have a review of the product on the DI ask-a-pro blog if you want to see some more pics/info.

Long story short: Pick some up, you'll enjoy it.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I've said it before, and feel it's worth repeating:
    Sonax, as a Corporate entity, has proven its integrity to the Nanotechnology-world of consumer car-care products...time and time again.

IMHO:
    If they are willing to put their reputation on the line in this manner:
    Any and/or all of the car-care products are to be considered no less than top-shelf!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I think the best characteristic of BSD is the beading factor: it really is out of the ordinary!
    Longevity-wise, there are reported cases of two, two and a half months of good performance.
    The only downside, for me, is the slickness: there are products way better in this "department".

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really a quick detailer. More of a spray sealant like others are saying.
    It has top notch beading/sheeting and is super hydrophobic. It doesn't leave the paint slick but that doesn't bother me.
    The only thing about it that I don't like is the sprayer. It doesn't have a good mist at all.