autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what a brand new car SHOULD look like when you pick it up from a dealer:

I bought a new Monogram FRS today! WhooHoo! I ordered it a month ago and told the dealer not to wash it or do anything to it and they complied! I can just imagine what it would look like if they had smeared all that dirt all over it. The salesman took it and fueled it up and when I got home I saw that he spilled gas all down the side of it. That's why you don't want a dealer to touch your car, they can't even put fuel in without messing it up!

Well I have my work cut out for me for awhile, I have a lot of plans for this car but first is to get that paint protected. CQuartz and XPEL here I come!

I traded my tC RS6 on this. I got real sick of FWD and I was badly in need of another Black RWD car and the Monogram just fit what i was wanting!

Thanks for looking and I try and get some pics posted after I get it cleaned up.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: This is what a brand new car SHOULD look like when you pick it up from a dealer:

Sweet ride. Enjoy. Next car I get I will be taking this advice seriously. If it wasn't for Mike and AG I would be driving a rolling swirl. I really truely understand now what they can do. And for those that go to the dealer , NEVER EVER LET THEM WASH IT. I have my own signs in the glove box that I place on the dash and seats.

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: This is what a brand new car SHOULD look like when you pick it up from a dealer:

Congrats on your new ride!! You are smart and lucky at the same time. I have no doubt you'll have that thing looking flawless soon.

Post Thanks / Like

If you buy a car in Jersey a professional puts in the fuel lol. Congrats on the car, very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Congrats! What a great car. If you want to see something entertaining, look up Jeremy Clarkson/Top Gear's review of that car. One of the best reviews from them I've seen in a while. I think the car spent most of it's time sideways.

On a different note, did they take the shipping blocks off the suspension? It might be the perspective of the pictures, but it looks like it's sitting higher than other stock versions of that car I've seen.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone!

Nate, thanks for the tip, I will take a look tomorrow but it seemed to drive just fine, was a very smooth ride, but worth a look.

Hey Dave! Nice looking website! Looks like you are doing very well, I hope that's the case and I'm happy for you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

On a different note, did they take the shipping blocks off the suspension? It might be the perspective of the pictures, but it looks like it's sitting higher than other stock versions of that car I've seen.
    Now that you say that, I wonder if it was PDIed considering the wheels don't have the center caps in either, but if shipping blocks were in, you'd probably have the world's harshest ride. That's what Audis are like, you go over a bump with shipping blocks in and you think you just broke your neck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    Now that you say that, I wonder if it was PDIed considering the wheels don't have the center caps in either, but if shipping blocks were in, you'd probably have the world's harshest ride. That's what Audis are like, you go over a bump with shipping blocks in and you think you just broke your neck.
    I don't know what they did at the port but it wasn't PDI'd at the dealer. I told them to roll it off the truck and park it and I believe that's what they did. It's still covered in plastic with stickers and writing on the glass. The center caps and antenna were in the glove box. I will PDI it myself tomorrow when I clean it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S2K View Post
    I don't know what they did at the port but it wasn't PDI'd at the dealer. I told them to roll it off the truck and park it and I believe that's what they did. It's still covered in plastic with stickers and writing on the glass. The center caps and antenna were in the glove box. I will PDI it myself tomorrow when I clean it up.
    Ok, I know with some cars they have to be PDIed at the dealer. For example, in a VW the whole radio interface won't work and they are limited to 22 MPH, but I guess Scion doesn't do it like that.

The less they touched your car the better

Post Thanks / Like

I personally piled a protective film from my new car, and they say no, no, no we gonna take care of it. A dealer's policy is to hand a car to customer washed w/ full tank. This is where a saga begins...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast