autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why do we obsess over LSP??

I can sleep at night knowing my car has a fresh coat of sealant or coating.
    PCB Reflections LLC
    Specializing in Corrections and Protection
    Servicing Greenville SC & Surrounding Areas

Post Thanks / Like

The only excuse I can think of for using an expensive "high end" wax would be to make a customer feel that little bit extra special knowing they have a product on their car that isn't $10 off the shelf at Autozone.

Definitely helps provide a professional image.

Other than that, I'll stick to cheap Collinite on my cars

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    I'm so glad that none of this obsessive nonsense is applicable to me!

Bob
    Never agreed so much in my life!! I use what is the most durable, END OF STORY!!

This wax looks better than that wax.....blah, blah, blah.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    Never agreed so much in my life!! I use what is the most durable, END OF STORY!!

This wax looks better than that wax.....blah, blah, blah.

Mark any LSP you have cant hang with my fresh coat of Pledge. The shine looks deep for miles. Its so slick, so wet. It buffs off so easy. It smells amazing too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Menzerna PL, Menzerna CL and Collinite 476s. I use Menzerna PL for customer cars.

Actually Collinite 476s while good, it's harder to work with the PL. So it's just sitting there.

I also have Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax that I use for wheels. Other than that I don't really pursue to many waxes.

My car is Opti Coated and I am glad that I made the decision to coat it.

Oh and I have Optimum Spray Wax too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    I have Menzerna PL, Menzerna CL and Collinite 476s. I use Menzerna PL for customer cars.

Actually Collinite 476s while good, it's harder to work with the PL. So it's just sitting there.

I also have Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax that I use for wheels. Other than that I don't really pursue to many waxes.

My car is Opti Coated and I am glad that I made the decision to coat it.

Oh and I have Optimum Spray Wax too
    I'll probably pass on Collinite 476s to my children and them to their children

Actually not bad for $20 dollars

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    Same here. I recently aquired Zymol Concours. At around $175, its not as expensive as other over priced high content carnuba waxes.

So why buy it? When I can pick up a cheap wax from AG and look the same? Its called perspective. Being a pro detailer on the side, ive found that a small percentage of my customers want a "high end" wax. If their willing to pay for it, im not one to convince them that a 20 dollar wax will look the same on a highly polished panel. Although they do give you that deep glossy look much much longer than standard waxes, their not something I would apply on a DD, thats just dumb IMO.
    Bingo. I think that most pros have encountered this in one form or another. I remember when I was doing this during college I had this one client that wanted the best and only the best. On my "menu" of waxes, I had the basics (Meguiar's, Mothers, etc.) and then a show car wax (Zymöl) for an extra $100 over the cost of the detail. Sure enough, price was no object and he purchased the option.

Some people choose the $100 (or $1,000) wine over the $10 bottle. Some choose the high brow wax over the cleaner wax. To each his own, but all I know is if it means more profit for us, I'm all for it!

Post Thanks / Like

We do it because it makes us feel like we are doing the VERY best for our babies, Dream rides, etc.. And let's be honest reading detailing product labels/descriptions is like a romance novel to us...we just get swept away..I heard they were coming out with a new "Fabio" Wax....

Post Thanks / Like

After doing a great job with the prep work it doesn't take much of a lsp to make it any better, or does it?
    IMO it's just as important to put a good sealant, coating ,even a simple coat of wax to protect all the hard work we put into the prep work but we all want the best and for good reason.

The question is why do we change to another lsp when it's working for us?
    Well for me it's all about trying to improve plus I love testing products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer325! View Post
    We do it because it makes us feel like we are doing the VERY best for our babies, Dream rides, etc.. And let's be honest reading detailing product labels/descriptions is like a romance novel to us...we just get swept away..I heard they were coming out with a new "Fabio" Wax....
    I agree. I think those of us with any passion for this, we read up on products and start to romance over them on 'what could be'. I'll daydream about using some awsome product and instantly wish I was there, using it.

FWIW this is a hobby for me, not a profession. Spending a Satuday morning on my sports coupe is treasured time, time I dont want to be using Turtle Wax with...
    Nu Finish - The Once-a-Year Car Polish !

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.