autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cabin Feaver

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Cabin Feaver

Please Help Me!
    I have not been able to detail a car in 4 months I am in the midwest so this is the time for snow and salty road and all the cars look terrible but there is no place to detail them. I can not sleep at night because all that i can think about is detailing. I need some suggestions on what to do that will get my mind off detailing until spring. I dont have a heated garage otherwise I would be doing cars in there. Is there anyone else who has the same problem, i have the itch that i can not scratch and I am going insane.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cabin Feaver

I feel your pain!!

I live in New England and we've had it all this winter and I'm done with it!

Anyone that isn't south of Orlando feels our pain but not nearly as bad..

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I know it's killing me too but why don't you go to a self serve car wash get what you can off then if you have a garage/or if it's kind of warm just do a water less wash it maybe uncomfortable detailing in a coat, and glove but heck it sure claim's the craving, and the only other thing I can suggest is start detailing thing's around the house.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Yes I know it's killing me too but why don't you go to a self serve car wash get what you can off then if you have a garage/or if it's kind of warm just do a water less wash it maybe uncomfortable detailing in a coat, and glove but heck it sure claim's the craving, and the only other thing I can suggest is start detailing thing's around the house.

take it to a self serve about every week or so, and then i dry it but in negative teens i aint gonna be outside.

Post Thanks / Like

Two weeks ago it was "warm" enough to take the cars toa self-serve bay then come home and do a rinseless wash.
    It seems the storms come in one right after another.
    Awaiting a Nor'easterin the next two days and no totals yet.
    Spent the pastcouple of days shoveling off our roof.

Post Thanks / Like

I play with my indoor rc car with a beer in my hand. Then wipe off the car to get the doghair it scooped out of the carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

74 and sunny in Tampa today, not a cloud in the sky, we call it chamber of commerce weather, snapped this afternoon after a cruise.

The irony is this stays in the garage most of the summer because it rains every day down here and I this is my time of the year to drive my garage queen.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a heated garage but with snow every second or third day I just said **** it. I'll wait for nicer weather.

In the interim I've done an inventory of my supplies, shaken all the bottles, organized the stuff, reorganized the stuff, culled some older MF towels, put supplies in storage bins, took supplies out of storage bins, put supplies back on the shelves, made new shelves then moved stuff to new shelves, ONRed the storage bins then applied Meg's Ultimate Protectant to said bins, filled all bottles with gallon refills, cleaned all brushes and wheel woolies, vacuumed around storage area, read the labels on the bottles, re-shook all bottles, waxed the new clothes dryer after ONR and clay bar, sealed all of the bathroom mirrors with Glass Sealant...

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!! I ******* hate winter!

Sighs.

My cars are filthy.

SMH

Steps off of soap box. Rant over.

Post Thanks / Like

Move to Califronia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    I've got a heated garage but with snow every second or third day I just said **** it. I'll wait for nicer weather.

In the interim I've done an inventory of my supplies, shaken all the bottles, organized the stuff, reorganized the stuff, culled some older MF towels, put supplies in storage bins, took supplies out of storage bins, put supplies back on the shelves, made new shelves then moved stuff to new shelves, ONRed the storage bins then applied Meg's Ultimate Protectant to said bins, filled all bottles with gallon refills, cleaned all brushes and wheel woolies, vacuumed around storage area, read the labels on the bottles, re-shook all bottles, waxed the new clothes dryer after ONR and clay bar, sealed all of the bathroom mirrors with Glass Sealant...

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!! I ******* hate winter!

Sighs.

My cars are filthy.

SMH

Steps off of soap box. Rant over.
    um yea pretty much described my first month into winter, but i actaully went further and waxed my countertops and also pollished all the handles on my cabinets and even pollished my door handles. i am going insane however i must admit it is nice to have everything organized and refilled and dilluted perfectly, ready to go.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast